Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick advice please

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:38 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Default quick advice please

i am thinking of pulling this trigger friday, wondering what some of you think? here it is. looking to trade my Lightning in on another mustang. my top fav 2 are
a) 2009 GT glassroof, black
b) 2009 GT glassroof, silver

heres the issue, the black one, (my fav color) does not have HID or Comfort Group. im still trying to figure out what the comfort group is besides heated seats, and i seen a difference on the rearview mirror too, not sure what. the silver one, my 2nd choice has both of these options for 1000 more, or 22 more a month. i would love to get that black one and put the ebony stripes on it, but that silver is just a littler nicer. both have every option besides the shaker 1000, which i want but oh well. any advice? the only downside i can see to this is now one of the stangs are going to get ignored i think, but i hope not
Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 AM
J to the C
1st Gear Member

I have a Black S197 with the comfort group. The Comfort group includes a passenger power seat and heated seats. Black is a bitch to keep clean. I wash my car constantly. If I had a chance to do it again, I would not choose black as a color due to the difficulty of keeping it clean.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:13 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

You live in Arizona right? Get the Silver one unless you want to bake cakes in your car during the summers. Plus the Arizona sun is going to be hell on that black paint job too.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

IF you can garage it and IF it's not a DD, then black is my vote. But as Cutterwolf said, it's a whole other ball game if it'll sit outside. Everyone should own a black car just once just so they know what kind of a pain in the azz it is if they intend to keep it shining.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 AM
limitedex
2nd Gear Member

I say don't get another one. Keep the truck. It gives you options. Plus how would you pull the trailer? It's a no-brainer to me, but I'm biased.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 AM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

I really do like the look of a Mustang in black, but they do need more work to keep clean.

Can't you have the dealer do a search and come up with the one you really want (color and options)?

Even with the extra care, I'd rather have a black Mustang than a silver one. Silver might be a lot better than a hot, black Mustang in the Arizona sun though.

If you're getting this through your local dealer, make them work for you and get the car you want. Why settle? Many years ago, I settled on something close and two weeks later there were 3 better choices on the lot.

Can you wait for the 2010s to come out and see how they look compared to the 2009? Unless, of course, you like the look of the 2009 better and can get a better deal. I'd still be tempted to wait until you see some 2010s on the lot. It would be a real downer to drive off in your 2009 and then a few weeks later see a black 2010 drive by.....and have regrets.

Last edited by ztalon; 02-20-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
You live in Arizona right? Get the Silver one unless you want to bake cakes in your car during the summers. Plus the Arizona sun is going to be hell on that black paint job too.
Originally Posted by Nuke
IF you can garage it and IF it's not a DD, then black is my vote. But as Cutterwolf said, it's a whole other ball game if it'll sit outside. Everyone should own a black car just once just so they know what kind of a pain in the azz it is if they intend to keep it shining.
I agree with Nuke and Cutter on this one...
Old 02-20-2009, 07:54 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I'd go with the silver one
Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

I love black, however like everyone said its a pain to keep clean and you can see every issue with the paint from scratches to paint chips. Silver on the other hand isn't bad. My wife has a silver car (corolla) and it still looks brand new even after around 2 years...

So in the end, its what you would like for the next x amount of years. However after having white for a few weeks, I would say silver
Old 02-20-2009, 08:09 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

thanks for advice on on this. i am going to call in about an hour and see if they can find exactly what i want, maybe trade with another dealer or something. they tried feeding me a line about "truck values change over night" we are offering you pay off on the Lightning, 18,5 and tomorrow maybe we can only offer 14. im gonna check on reg coupe over a glass roof first and stuff. thanks again ppl

Quick Reply: quick advice please