Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential / Chase Tail Light Help....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drfister
American Muscle DOES NOT sell the CDC kit
American Muscle DOES sell the Webelectrics
Do you think that the meter 4 it set would be really hard to hook up and likely to break since it is splice-in? I really want the chase but it's not worth the price and splicing if it's going to be a hassle and break.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
I have the meter4it kit with chase. I love it. I prefer it over the regular sequentials.
How long did it take you to set up?

I'm sortof spooked by all the crazy wiring you have to do and just pluggin in a connecter seems like a lot easier even if you do give up chase.

Last edited by jf713jf; 02-26-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by jf713jf
I'm new here.

I know this has been touched on before but the threads haven't been touched in a while. I love the look of sequential tail lights but I'm hesitant to drop a lot of cash on a set and I want to make sure I get the right thing.

I drive a 2006 and I would like to get the kind that has the "chase" setting where the lights follow across over and over instead of the standard sequential where the lights flare outwards and stop and start over.
www.meter4it.com

I would also make sure I get the "plug in" kind that is a matter of plugging in a connector as opposed to splicing or soldering wires.
There is not currently a chase kit thats plug-n-play.

Lastly, I would really like to drop less than $100 and preferably in the $50-$60 range.
Good fricken luck.
The meter4it kit is the only chase kit out there and its $155.
If you guys could help me on this, I would be very grateful.
How long did it take you to set up?

I'm sortof spooked by all the crazy wiring you have to do and just pluggin in a connecter seems like a lot easier even if you do give up chase.
If you want true plug-n-play with up to date electronics,
go with the CDC plug-n-play kit For The Win.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:35 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Do you think that the meter 4 it set would be really hard to hook up and likely to break since it is splice-in? I really want the chase but it's not worth the price and splicing if it's going to be a hassle and break.
I really wanted the chase too, originally, but did not want to screw around with the wiring. American Muscle had a sale on for their sequentials, so I bought theirs cuzz they got good service to Canada. Install was pretty easy, and only took a couple mins with a buddy. That said, if you choose not to go with the chase, definatly go with CDCs sequentials as they are hassle free down the road. Also, I havent ever seen another stang with sequentials in my area so its nice that mine is unique, but if there are a lot of stangs with sequentials, it may just be another reason to go chase. You can always get someone handy with wiring to set em up for you...
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drfister
I really wanted the chase too, originally, but did not want to screw around with the wiring. American Muscle had a sale on for their sequentials, so I bought theirs cuzz they got good service to Canada. Install was pretty easy, and only took a couple mins with a buddy. That said, if you choose not to go with the chase, definatly go with CDCs sequentials as they are hassle free down the road. Also, I havent ever seen another stang with sequentials in my area so its nice that mine is unique, but if there are a lot of stangs with sequentials, it may just be another reason to go chase. You can always get someone handy with wiring to set em up for you...
I would definitely prefer plug and play, and nobody has a mustang wit it already, so that's fine. Is this the CDC your talking about? Is this the best/cheapest place to get it from and does it come with a warranty?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:46 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Here, try either moss muscle
http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewP...56&SortOrder=2

or straight from cdc themselves
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=120

you might be able to find them less expensive elsewhere
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I have the sequentials and love them. They were easy to install and they get the attention of the driver behind you.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
I have the meter4it kit with chase. I love it. I prefer it over the regular sequentials.
I love these co they have the option of chase or sequential. The splicing is very easy. Where in Jersey are you? I can give you a hand if you're in Bergen or Hudson county. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 AM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Jersey Stang
I love these co they have the option of chase or sequential. The splicing is very easy. Where in Jersey are you? I can give you a hand if you're in Bergen or Hudson county. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two.
Hey,
I'm in Somerset, so it's a bit of a haul for me to get up to where you are, but thanks a lot for offering I have a friend who's an electrician so he might be able to give me a hand if I get stuck.

How easy would it be to get the lights back to stock if I ever decided to sell the car? Could you just reconnect the previous harness? I doubt that any buyers would look inside your tail light assembly and gawk at some electrical tape if resplicing is the only thing required.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

No, you can't "re-connect a harness"... And if you go with the meter4it kit (I love mine) don't use the connectors he supplies. He states right in the directions that he advises soldering and heat shrinking... You can rest assured if you do this you won't have any problems from these connectors failing in the future, and they will fail. That said, soldering is not hard, look up some videos on youtube. Or get your friend to help out. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Sequential / Chase Tail Light Help....