Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential / Chase Tail Light Help....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I have the Chasers from meter4it on the wife's Oh Five. The install wasn't bad, the instructions are very good, and the results are great. As stated, their kit allows you to set it for either stock, sequential, or chaser, which sold me on the kit. It was the first mod I did to the car back in 2005, and has been working great since.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Question one more q.

Originally Posted by Burnsy
No, you can't "re-connect a harness"... And if you go with the meter4it kit (I love mine) don't use the connectors he supplies. He states right in the directions that he advises soldering and heat shrinking... You can rest assured if you do this you won't have any problems from these connectors failing in the future, and they will fail. That said, soldering is not hard, look up some videos on youtube. Or get your friend to help out. Good luck.
So if i were ever to sell I should just leave the kit in there and switch it back to factory mode?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by jf713jf
So if i were ever to sell I should just leave the kit in there and switch it back to factory mode?
Uh, no.
Go to the stealership and purchase two new taillight wiring assemblies and
remove the kit and replace it with the new unadulterated wiring hanesses
for the next owner. Then sell the kit on the forum.
And dont use the IDC connectors supplied wwith the meter4it chace kit.
Solder and two stage heatshrink is the only way to go, just like the factory does.

The CDC plug-n-play does not use the OEM taillight harness
but instead has its own. You remove the OEM harness, sockets
and bulbs and replace them with the CDC Dynamite Sticks,
sockets and reuse the OEM bulbs or better yet, replace them
all with Sylvania LongLife bulbs so you wont have to remove
the taillight assemblies for quite some time to replace burned
out bulbs.
Plug the CDC Dynamite Sticks into the harness in and it is a go.
Sell the stang and just replace the OEM harnesses you removed.
Its a win/win/win situation.

Last edited by 157dB; 02-27-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

I would say that unless your next car is a mustang i would leave it in as a selling point and give the instructions to the new owner.

I actually just got my meter4it kit in the mail yesterday. Ill be doing my install this Sunday if i get the time. After looking at the connectors i will be soldering mine. Its really not that hard and its a good skill to pick up. Like someone else said just google it, get some scrap wire and practice before you attempt it on your car. Plus if your friend is an electrician there isn't much you could screw up that he couldn't possibly fix.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Default Decided. But where to buy?

Originally Posted by drfister
Here, try either moss muscle
http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewP...56&SortOrder=2

or straight from cdc themselves
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=120

you might be able to find them less expensive elsewhere
I'm definitely getting the CDC from what you and others have told me. The splicing for meter4it is too complicated for me and I don't like the permanent damage I would have to do to the factory assembly.

That said, I am now looking for the best place to by the CDC sequentials. So far I have seen them on the official CDC site:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...t_detail&p=120

and also found them for about 50 bucks cheaper on Brenspeed:

http://www.brenspeed.com/11a007.html

Should I get them from Brenspeed? I've never ordered anything from there so I have no idea how they are in terms of service. I definitely like the price though. Much cheaper.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I have a little different story for you. I have the CDC and had them installed for free at the CDC shop. I saw them after they installed them and I liked how they looked. But that was the last time I ever saw them. So, for me anyway, If I had it to do over again I wouldn't bother getting them.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
I have a little different story for you. I have the CDC and had them installed for free at the CDC shop. I saw them after they installed them and I liked how they looked. But that was the last time I ever saw them. So, for me anyway, If I had it to do over again I wouldn't bother getting them.
I think I get what your hinting at.... you mean that when your driving your car you can't even see your tail lights and when you look at your car from the outside your tail lights aren't on so why bother spending time and money on them. Is that the gist of it?

I can see what your saying and it's true... I'm not so sure now because you have a good point...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

That's it exactly. But I also said I liked the look when I did see it though, when looking at other Stangs for instance. Didn't mean to turn you off to the idea.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:20 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
That's it exactly. But I also said I liked the look when I did see it though, when looking at other Stangs for instance. Didn't mean to turn you off to the idea.
I still like the look, but you are right about not seeing it. I could fall back on the "more attention grabbing to other drivers ergo safer" stance presented on many of the sequential tail light sites but I know it's a load of hooey. I'm sort of undecided now. $100 is a lot of money for something you will only see once.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
I have the meter4it kit with chase. I love it. I prefer it over the regular sequentials.
With the involvement of install required, the meter4it kit is waaaay overpriced.

If he made a plug n play kit, I would pay 155 easily. But there is too much going on with that kit when I can pay 99 bucks for a brainless install.

Quick Reply: Sequential / Chase Tail Light Help....