Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.10's,Cams, long tubes, Nitrous or F/I

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Default 4.10's,Cams, long tubes, Nitrous or F/I

Ok so I have been thinking for a while about what I want to do for my power adders. At first, I was thinking stop doing these bolt on’s and do it big at once and get a turbo or supercharger and be done for the power at around 450rwhp. However, I heard some threads with cams and it got me thinking. For $, I think it would be cheaper to get gears, headers, cams (I can get installed for $200 + 50-100 mail order tune?) and maybe a 100 shot. I need this car to last me another 4 years when I go back into school so I am worried about the reliability of either system. Also, when I go to sell my car I could always take out sc/turbo and sell separately, where with cams and stuff I would have to sell with the car. Also, with cams and all else I could do in stages where with turbo/sc have to save to do it all at once. The main thing in my head right now is cams and long tubes would sound bad *** and it would be substantially cheaper, but I wouldn’t be able to run at 450rwhp all the time because I do not want to spray all the time. Then again it would sound awesome, but with turbo/sc the power would always be there which I would like. What do you think would be faster in the ¼ mile, all else equal? What would you do? What is safer?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Get cams, turbo AND spray lol
Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Turbo or sc. Nitrous is fun when you use it but I'd trade for power I can use all the time. My 1/4 mile times are
Ok though...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acarzt
Get cams, turbo AND spray lol
I wish i could lol but the thing is $$$.

Mikey your times are awesome but you spray and you have that desire for power all the time, like I think I would also.. Just don’t know if the 4.10 ‘s full exhaust and cams would keep me happy all the time like F/I.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

I'd go FI if I were you. I wish I had a whipple every day I get in my car.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:07 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I went for the NA power. I built my car in stages and am very happy with the power I have.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
I wish i could lol but the thing is $$$.

Mikey your times are awesome but you spray and you have that desire for power all the time, like I think I would also.. Just don’t know if the 4.10 ‘s full exhaust and cams would keep me happy all the time like F/I.
You will ALWAYS want more power. When I first got my mustang I was like... That's it... I don't need any more than this... This is enough... this power is ridiculous... A few monthes later I wanted more lol
Old 03-04-2009, 03:34 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

im in the same boat. my plan is to start with CAI, LT, and nitrous.
If that doesnt cut it, i can always sell the CAI and nitrous and recoup a good percentage of the money invested. Especially if you buy used parts to begin with.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I'm having the same problem as you man!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i've thought about selling the nitrous kit along with some exterior stuff to save up for a SC.... figure i could sell the kit along with the front end and hood and almost have the cash for a SC setup... crosses my mind everyday

Quick Reply: 4.10's,Cams, long tubes, Nitrous or F/I