Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Thankyou for keeping me in a job in these times of recession :-)

Please feel free to not wear your seatbelt. Moron......
Old 03-06-2009, 02:57 AM
msafrit

Originally Posted by Nuke
Unfortunately, after you end up paralyzed us taxpayers are the ones that end up footing some of your bills so, yeah, it DOES matter to us. But if you must NOT wear your seatbelt, here's how to disable the "ding":
    That should solve things for you while thinning out the gene pool from the shallow end for us.
    I get tired of this supposed reason of paying for others decisions. Nuke, do you smoke, drink, **** around on your wife? Well if you do then I have to pay all of your lawyer fees. Now are you going to stop doing things you like to do to save me some money. I seriously doubt it.
    Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 AM
    mygt500
    Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by JD57
    It only sounds for about 3 minutes in my car and then shuts off. I live with that,
    I hate the government telling me I have to wear it. Just like alot of things, it should
    be our choice.
    Thats ignorant and sad and costs us money as taxpayers when you get seriously hurt...
    Unfortunately, after you end up paralyzed us taxpayers are the ones that end up footing some of your bills so, yeah, it DOES matter to us. But if you must NOT wear your seatbelt, here's how to disable the "ding":
      That should solve things for you while thinning out the gene pool from the shallow end for us.
      Sounds like a plan cause if you die then there is less burden on the taxpayers.....but seriously wear the f'ing thing!
      Originally Posted by gedyup
      Well have no fear....I have health insurance. So with that said....all I was woundering if it could be turned off, I do wear it while driving on the road, but there are times when I am at the track or something like that and would like it off.
      So while investigating your death or claim while not wearing your seat belt the healh insurance company will raise everyone's plan per month, change co-pays (raise them) and refuse to pay for your dumbass and the bill will be yours and yours only...seriously I have half the mind to just delete this most stupid and ignorant thread... I guess you have hit a sore spot for me since I am in healthcare and you obviously dont know much about the real world and the way things work in that world you exist in JMO though
      Old 03-06-2009, 07:03 AM
      JD57
      1st Gear Member

I understand what everyone is saying and everyone makes thier own choice.
      In my opinion using a cell phone while driving is more dangerous than not
      wearing a seat belt.

We just had a 28 year old 8 month pregnant woman wearing a seat belt and
      talking on a cell phone. no traffic and dry roads. She lost control and hit a tree.
      She's now dead.
      Old 03-06-2009, 07:04 AM
      Nuke
      6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by msafrit
      I get tired of this supposed reason of paying for others decisions. Nuke, do you smoke, drink, **** around on your wife? Well if you do then I have to pay all of your lawyer fees. Now are you going to stop doing things you like to do to save me some money. I seriously doubt it.
      Wow, what a dick. I suppose everyone has some energy around this issue. And all I was trying to bring to light was the emotional pain on friends and family.

msafrit, I'll be glad to forward you copies of the attorney's fees from my divorce to see how much you'll pay (but I seriously doubt THAT). And when there are laws regarding drinking, smoking and ****ing around on a spouse, feel free to speak up again. I might actually think you have a point.
      Old 03-06-2009, 07:59 AM
      mygt500
      Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Wow, what a dick. I suppose everyone has some energy around this issue. And all I was trying to bring to light was the emotional pain on friends and family.

msafrit, I'll be glad to forward you copies of the attorney's fees from my divorce to see how much you'll pay (but I seriously doubt THAT). And when there are laws regarding drinking, smoking and ****ing around on a spouse, feel free to speak up again. I might actually think you have a point.
      Nuke dont even humor this guy with a response...lets get back on topic and I see where this is going and I may just lock it or delete it anyway.....
      Old 03-06-2009, 08:12 AM
      Hootna
      3rd Gear Member

This whole thread sounds like a bunch of nagging women..
      Old 03-06-2009, 08:45 AM
      Nuke
      6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
      This whole thread sounds like a bunch of nagging women..
      It's freedom of speech. The OP is free to not wear his seatbelt. I am free to nag... I mean, "...express my opinion."
      Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM
      grampa_stang
      4th Gear Member

Maybe he just wants to sit in the car and listen to music without hearing the dings. According to the manual.

IF: The driver’s safety belt is not buckled before the ignition switch is turned to the ON Position.

THEN: The safety belt warning light illuminates 1-2 minutes and the warning chime sounds 4-8 seconds.

OP asked a simple legit question, and there's a simple legit answer in the manual. I swear, for a bunch supposedly cool car guys...you sure sound like a bunch preachy whiny bitches.
      Old 03-06-2009, 10:47 AM
      Nuke
      6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grampa_stang
      ...I swear, for a bunch supposedly cool car guys...you sure sound like a bunch preachy whiny bitches.
      (Raises guilty hand)
      Considering I was married to a preachy whiny bitch, I think I'm entitled to be a preachy whiny bastard once in awhile.

YO, mygt500. How about locking this one? I think we've provided the OP his answer (and then some). LOL!

Quick Reply: Seat belt