Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:30 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
I'm thinking about adding HID's to my Vista Blue 07 GT. I was trying to decide between Stangmods or American Muscle HID kits and then I saw the Luminics bulbs and now I'm really confused. Are the Luminics bulbs a cheap way out of this or do I really want the HID's? If I need the HID kit, should I go Stangmods or AM?

http://www.stangmods.com/2005-Mustan...it-p/00909.htm

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid-du...m-kit-h13.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/lumini...ure-white.html

Thanks a lot
Originally Posted by Goldenpony
I've tried them, Luminics bulbs suck. Go with RetroSolutions HID - they are the best.
I started with those cheap ebay knock offs that say 90 watt output from a 55w bulb.... I now have the silverstars and am happy...if I go HID it would be Retro for sure!!!!! DO NOT get the Luminics as they do get hot and you can melt the housing or cause a fire....buyer beware!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I have Retro-Solutions 6000K 55wat kit and love it! Super eazy to install! I'll never go back to non-HID lights.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

Im with you on that one....!
Im getting ready to order another set from them CANT WAIT !!! 5 minute install and 20 minutes to pick a location to mount the bastards ! LOL! Retro Soluition FCKtheRST
Old 03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by retrosolutions2
Its funny how some people will swear by luminics and others know them to be garbage
If its on flea bay and they claim double output from the same wattage as a 55w halogen bulb....they are crap....I know you know this and it might be "OK" for the ricer crowd with the overly blue lights that output nothing but I need quality for the stang and it will be with your kit! The stock headlights suck and I need to adj the housing on mine as it is not right. JMO
Old 05-15-2009, 05:27 PM
retrosolutions2
Former Sponsor

After a lengthy back and forth with the owning company of MF, they finally decided that legally speaking we were right! So, with all that hopefully in the past we are back and more than ready to once again support the MustangForum members with discounts on our quality products and general automotive lighting help!

Glad to be back with you all!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 AM
GTItoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8178A
My car came with them, seem to work fine.
these are the ones im doing. I bought a good set with a few broken tabs from a wrecked 08. Got the new harness from ford. Just need to finish repairing the tabs and I'll get the install under way.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:37 PM
KiffinFan

Default been there done that

Originally Posted by mygt500
I started with those cheap ebay knock offs that say 90 watt output from a 55w bulb.... I now have the silverstars and am happy...if I go HID it would be Retro for sure!!!!! DO NOT get the Luminics as they do get hot and you can melt the housing or cause a fire....buyer beware!
Man I got some H10 8K 12V 55W bulbs from Blue Oval for the fogs on my 08 GT CS. Melted the diffusers in the fogs and made my car look like it had freakin googly eyes! Luckily I got it fixed. I loved the look but am very nervous about putting the different bulbs in the fogs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't need the HIDs in the fogs just the color. Right now it doesnt look right with the HID on the headlight and standard fogs in the middle.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Retro solutions can help! ^^^^^^
Old 05-16-2009, 11:10 PM
KiffinFan

Any tips on the type and model I should request? Basicaly I just want a plug and play blue tinted light for the fog lights. It doesn't have to be HID.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:01 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by KiffinFan
Any tips on the type and model I should request? Basicaly I just want a plug and play blue tinted light for the fog lights. It doesn't have to be HID.
For the 08- you would want to look into these....6000k H10 55W Digital xenons for the fogs and ask them if they make a 35W version for the fogs....send them a PM with make and model of car and use "mustang" as the discount code at checkout.....

Quick Reply: HID Confusion