Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake and Tune first drive impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:20 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Default Intake and Tune first drive impressions...

Mmmm... meh... I'm not that impressed. It feels like maybe it's a little bit stronger... but people on here were saying it would feel like a whole new beast etc etc. It definitely sounds a LOT meaner with the sounds of the intake at WOT. It's louder than the Exhaust :-| I like that the redline was raised :-) And yes I did already take it to redline. No check engine lights... install was easy... It looks good... Just wasn't as big of a change in performance as I expected. I mean honestly... I can barely tell there is a difference. I guess the real differnce will tell in my 1/4 mile figures. I'm gonna try to go back this coming friday. If I make it out i'll give an update!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Same experience I had. It felt a little stronger. Less throttle lag. But a whole new car? No.

I think it's a bigger deal with the autos.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:30 AM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i noticed alot difference in my car...what tune are you running? If its not a dyno tune thats gonna make the biggest difference
Old 03-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I think he's got the canned tune. Doesn't really matter. People say the same stuff about those canned tunes. How you have a "whole new car" and it's a "beast" after you put it on there.

Meh. It was worth the money, especially for the tuner, but a whole new car it clearly is not.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Etropal

Sorry to hear that you're not that impressed. I've had my C&L/Brenspeed combo for a little over a month, and I still grin at wot. Weird side note* I noticed before & after the tune, my car really likes Chevron 93 compared to Shell or Exxon.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:43 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I felt the same way for the first few days.. then I had to punch it once getting into traffic... and it was like a different car. I think you will notice it a little more as you drive around in different conditions.... and, as someone else said.. I think the difference is greater in autos simply because of the more aggressive shift schedule.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:22 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

That's really too bad. But I've heard a few guys with manuals say that. The guys with autos are the ones who really notice the difference. Ask any of them...night and day difference...bigtime.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

idk man i have the c&l racer and brenspeed tune and i was behind a line of cars and i barely touched the gas and my tires spun i didnt beat on my car as much yet but to me it feels alot better in the response
Old 03-07-2009, 12:40 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I think he's got the canned tune. Doesn't really matter. People say the same stuff about those canned tunes. How you have a "whole new car" and it's a "beast" after you put it on there.

Meh. It was worth the money, especially for the tuner, but a whole new car it clearly is not.
i tihnk with a custom tune its a whole new story honestly
Old 03-07-2009, 12:40 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i have a dyno tune and i can tell a night and day difference for sure

Quick Reply: Intake and Tune first drive impressions...