Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUGE DOOR DING! need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

Default HUGE DOOR DING! need advice

Hi guys,
Ok heres the story, I was leaving work last night, unpluged the block heater and then went to put the cord in the car and there i find a HUGE door dent! right along the body line (so im sure it wont be able to be dentless removed)
At first i was thinking it was the green ford explorer sport track that had been parked there for a week and was now gone but the color is wrong. there is white paint transfer.
on thursday i parked next to the lead hand (who is a complete DICK) in his white dodge truck. I was a bit close but centered in my stall. He was still in the truck when i went in to work.
He has been a bit skiddish around me last 2 days so im reallt thinking it was him.
I want to know what you all think i should do as my only instict is to corner him. take his keys pull his truck up next to my car and line up the dents and look for my black paint on his door, and then beat the ever living crap out of him, steal his wallet and then pay for it to get fixed of his visa.
I know thats not the right way to do it, do i talk to him first? the boss first? Man all i know is im just so mad. Like you would HAVE to know you did it! there is 3 dents with a distinct angle and a distinct angle of white paint transfer so i know i could line it up if i could get keys to his truck...
HELP! I dont wanna loose my job over this but if you break, you buy!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:26 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Need pics and don't do anything in haste....talk to your boss first and make a report for the insurance company....did you see black paint on his truck? I know you said you had white paint on your car. Have the police come by while he is at work and make it known that it is being investigated. Do you have cameras at work to watch the parking lot?
Old 03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

no cameras.
I am going to take pictures today. no i havent seen black on his truck. i just put two and two together about an hour ago.
I wont see him untill monday.
But do you think it might be better off just talking to him first and being like
rob, i just wanted to talk to you about something that happened to my car and i would like to know if you know anything about it. there is a possiblity that it could have been you opening your drivers door into my car.
see how he takes it and then go from there?
Should i talk to the union rep first?
Old 03-07-2009, 01:39 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
I want to know what you all think i should do as my only instict is to corner him. take his keys pull his truck up next to my car and line up the dents and look for my black paint on his door, and then beat the ever living crap out of him, steal his wallet and then pay for it to get fixed of his visa.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 03-07-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am no lawyer or union steward either but I would go to your boss first and then to the police for a written police report and file with insurance after.....JMO but this Rob guy is not worth losing your job over or making waves with since you both work in the same place. Even if he did come clean and admitted it and you pursued it from there all he has to do is say "I have no idea what your talking about?" You can take it further and involve the authorities but that will just cause further problems for you and the company in the end. Be the bigger man and go about it as if you have no idea what happened and file a cliam after the authorities have been notified. Vandalism wont make your insurance rate go up......if it did just switch to another company for better rates.... I change mine often and keep things competitive to keep the insurance companies on their toes. Remember they work for you and you pay for a service that rarely gets used by most in the long run (I dont have any issues with the law or the DMV or my insurance company).... JMO
Old 03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

yeah thousand dollar deductable sucks ***!!! I hear you gt500 but i would like a peacefull proper hey man sorry i banged your car! its pretty bad, let me know how much it is to fix it and ill pay for it. like come on, if i did that even if i didnt know the guy i would be leaving a note! people just dont care about others property
Old 03-07-2009, 01:50 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

hey ultra... trust me if i put two and two together last night before leaving work, I would have probably gone that route... I was and still am just sizzling pissed off and i pitty anybody who **** with me now
Old 03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Could you discretely check his doors for transfer or scratches that line up with yours before talking to him? or is there no way to, without it being obvious? I would try to get as much info/evidence as I can before even talking to him. There's no way to even start the conversation with him without it being an accusation. I know you're pissed right now, and I would be too, but you want to make sure you've identified your enemy before you go into battle.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:02 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

yeah i could mesure his doors where they angle and then try to line it up..
or i could go to a dealership and ask them to help me with a test???
as for seeing pain transfer i dunno... if i got a buntch of white will he have any black?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:03 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
yeah thousand dollar deductable sucks ***!!! I hear you gt500 but i would like a peacefull proper hey man sorry i banged your car! its pretty bad, let me know how much it is to fix it and ill pay for it. like come on, if i did that even if i didnt know the guy i would be leaving a note! people just dont care about others property
I would say I have to agree with you on that and most would rather turn and look away and not do the right thing. If you think it can be handled peacefully and with no risk to your job go ahead and confront the guy after you see his door to confirm if there was any damage of what so ever to his truck. I am no insurance guy but wont the deductible be waived?
Originally Posted by digitalcos
Could you discretely check his doors for transfer or scratches that line up with yours before talking to him? or is there no way to, without it being obvious? I would try to get as much info/evidence as I can before even talking to him. There's no way to even start the conversation with him without it being an accusation. I know you're pissed right now, and I would be too, but you want to make sure you've identified your enemy before you go into battle.
Very wise words and that is the way I would go about it if you have to pay a deductible for vandalism. Nice digitalcos!

Quick Reply: HUGE DOOR DING! need advice