Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't believe it happened to me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

Default I can't believe it happened to me!

I having been lurking in this forum for the last couple of months awaiting the arrival of my GT. BTW, I have really enjoyed the information, tips and just plain fun that this forum has afforded me during my anxious wait. Well, it finally arrived 2 weeks and 5 days ago and I have been really excited and really love this car more than I thought I would. I went to the Walmart today (ugh!) and when I came out, SOMEONE HAD KEYED MY BRAND NEW, STILL IN 30 DAY TAGS, GT! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I told myself that it was just a streak of mud because it had rained today. I carred it directly to my husband to confirm what I really knew in my heart. I have a two foot scratch on the passenger front quarter panel which I immediately noticed and upon further iinspection, three smaller areas on hood and over tire. We are absolutely wanna kill somebody mad!!! Why would somebody do this? I don't get it. I went to the police station to make a report in case it costs more than deductible for insurance purposes. When the policeman came out, he said, "Please don't tell me it was the mustang. Now I'm sick too." I just don't get people who can do that to something so beautiful even though it doesn't belong to them. Does anyone understand? BTW, no pics until it is fixed. Going to the Ford place tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I can't believe it happened to me!

yeah thats awful. Its either some kids or someones whos jealous. I hope the coverup fix looks good!
Old 06-14-2005, 03:29 AM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

Envy and jealously make people do stupid things.

Steve
Old 06-14-2005, 04:38 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

make sure you hit walmart as ask them if they had any cameras out there!! and nail those punck
Old 06-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I am so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how I would feel to see that.

I think there are a lot of insecure, jealous people out there. It's important to remember that the GT is a $30,000 car. That puts it out of reach of a LOT of folks. Including those who would do something like that. Always be extra courteous and park your car out of the way, in one of the spaces away from foot traffic.
And i hope that we can change the law to what Eric Stoltx said in "Pulp Fiction", "They should be shot! No trial , no jury, just straight to execution!"
Old 06-14-2005, 05:14 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

make sure you hit walmart as ask them if they had any cameras out there!! and nail those punck
Yeh - good idea, the same thing happened to me years ago and the cameras helped me out!

Sorry this had to happen to you - I just dont get it.....why the f8ck would someone do that, I think whoever did it needs there fu**ing legs broken!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:58 AM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened again
I would love to catch someone doing this some day.
Nad post there name and licence plate on every auto forum I could find.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:43 PM
70 Mach

There is a lot of envy and hate in some people. "If i cant have one, you dont deserve one either" seems to be
the motto of some. I am still very anxious anytime i park my GT on a public lot anywhere. I know the day is
coming when i will get the door ding and honestly, i dont want to see it happen cause i'm generally an easy going
person. Dont know that i could handle even an accidental ding without an angry outburst. We all feel very badly for you
over this incident. Takes a little of the joy out of the new car experience but get her (him?) fixed and enjoy.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:58 PM
davidmac12

how deep is your scratch? Because if it hasn't gone below the clear coat they can take it out. If it's deeper they will have to spray the whole quater panel plus door. My friend decided it was a good idea to roll on the quater panel with leather man attached to his belt and he put a small scratch in it. He was drunk. Then i made him pay for it.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:00 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i feel your pain...they got me for 2K worth of damage

Quick Reply: I can't believe it happened to me!