Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-step Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Default 2-step Launch Control

I've been trying to research a few different things lately and this is one I can never get a straight answer on. Let me start by saying that this car is NOT a drag car. I play on the street, and I intend to at least try a little bit of everything with it. That being said I want to be able to make/repeat a respectable 1/4 mile time so I've been working on my driver mod quite a bit, as well as tweaking my rear end (UCA, LCA's, relos, and my 3.90's will be installed soon enough). I'm thinking about a set of line locks (mostly for fun) and a version of the 2 step launch controller. Does anyone have one? Is it worth the money or no? Just seems like the more you can take out of the equation the easier it will be. As always any feedback will be appreciated!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Rob pm simon1 on this as he did the install for the line locks and the 2 step I have not read much in the 4.6L section about it but I know there have been a few threads on this at the "other" forums.
link to simon1
https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...37-simon1.html
Old 03-07-2009, 07:39 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

iver only heard good things about the msd launch master theres plenty of vids on youtube of it i've tried everything to get my 2step on my tuner to work but just cant get it to work and finally gave up.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:48 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rford426
iver only heard good things about the msd launch master theres plenty of vids on youtube of it i've tried everything to get my 2step on my tuner to work but just cant get it to work and finally gave up.
I've heard the tuner version basically doesn't work period. I also found out these are a big NO if your still running cats (I'm running high flow) so scraps that idea, but the line locks will be a big help.

Jason, thanks for the link I'll ask! I've been researching on a few other forums myself as I haven't seen much in the form of this on here. Which line lock kit are you running? I'll be installing it myself when I upgrade my pads and swap to stainless lines, figured I might as well bleed the system once!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:50 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am not running any line locks yet....all part of the long list of never ending mods I want for this beast I call my mustang!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

My car came stock wit a two step unlike my two friends 05 v6 mustangs
Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
I am not running any line locks yet....all part of the long list of never ending mods I want for this beast I call my mustang!
I mis read your post man my bad. Bring the stang down I'll do both of em at once.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
I've heard the tuner version basically doesn't work period. I also found out these are a big NO if your still running cats (I'm running high flow) so scraps that idea, but the line locks will be a big help.

Jason, thanks for the link I'll ask! I've been researching on a few other forums myself as I haven't seen much in the form of this on here. Which line lock kit are you running? I'll be installing it myself when I upgrade my pads and swap to stainless lines, figured I might as well bleed the system once!
ya im o/r but i have heard as well its useless...there were some good deals in the vedor section idk if you saw them on line locks all you need is the solenoids...im not sure which vendor it was.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:55 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by up_yours_7
your v6 in your avatar came with a 2step stock?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by up_yours_7
I'm going to have to call BS on that one. Ford wouldn't install something that would trash their cats as it would cause a warranty issue.

Originally Posted by rford426
ya im o/r but i have heard as well its useless...there were some good deals in the vedor section idk if you saw them on line locks all you need is the solenoids...im not sure which vendor it was.
PMP just had an awesome deal but I think he sold what he had. Still waiting on an e-mail.

Quick Reply: 2-step Launch Control