Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help deciding - 2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Default Need help deciding - 2 questions

Well, after thinking about it long and hard - I want to go F/I. However my warranty is till 100,000mi and I have close to 3,100mi right now. Is there a way to go F/I, but have some type of warranty to go along with it? I know in some other car companies you can install a SS and keep the factory powertrain warranty, but I dunno if there is a program like that with Ford.

Another question is based the exhaust on the car. I loves the GTBs, but I want something louder, but it doesn't drone. I heard bad things with GTAs and there weld issues, so I would like to stay away from those as much as possible. Are there any other companies that do a "drone free" type of exhaust?

Please let me know and thank you in advance
Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I think I have heard the only way to accomplish the S/C and maintain the complete factory warranty is to have an authorized factory Ford dealer install something like a Saleen or Roush...but I could be wrong....hopefully someone else that is more familiar will jump in and verify that...

I also have a 7yr/100,000 mile extended warranty on my car and fortunate enough to know a local Ford dealership that will look past the S/C for any warranty work not related to it.

Not too sure about the ehaust question. There are so many systems out there that perform and sound so different. I have the Borla Stingers on mine and compared to the Flowmasters that they replaced, they are less loud and have less drone, but the sound quality is much better when I really get on the car.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
I think I have heard the only way to accomplish the S/C and maintain the complete factory warranty is to have an authorized factory Ford dealer install something like a Saleen or Roush...but I could be wrong....hopefully someone else that is more familiar will jump in and verify that...

I also have a 7yr/100,000 mile extended warranty on my car and fortunate enough to know a local Ford dealership that will look past the S/C for any warranty work not related to it.

Not too sure about the ehaust question. There are so many systems out there that perform and sound so different. I have the Borla Stingers on mine and compared to the Flowmasters that they replaced, they are less loud and have less drone, but the sound quality is much better when I really get on the car.
I wish I could have a Ford dealer like that around here :/

Anyway, does anyone know of the the following system by Roush?

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1133
Old 03-23-2009, 04:46 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

wow. that exhaust system sounds good. do they replace everything from the cats back?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Drone Free Exhaust = Corsa

If you get one of the 400hp FRPP S/C kits (Whipple) and have a factory authorized Ford dealer install it, it is covered under the factory warranty.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 12-05-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Well, Saleen has no warranty now.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
Drone Free Exhaust = Corsa

If you get one of the 400hp FRPP S/C kits (Whipple) and have a factory authorized Ford dealer install it, it is covered under the factory warranty.
Well I might get the Corsa Extreme. I heard good things about boomtubes as well, but my wife has sensitive hearing and my last GT had very bad drone from the stingers. So in short, she doesn't want anything loud to be in my car, and she doesn't want me to take any chances :P
Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I think you should wait until you're old and can barely see or 100,000 miles; whichever comes first. Of course, you won't be able to ENJOY the F/I...

I just don't hold warranties in that much regard. Live for the now. That's the reason you bought the car, isn't it?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I love my Corsa Sports. I think they sound great and, based on everybody's comments, I was expecting them to be really quiet. They were much louder than I expected. I think they are perfect. I understand they may not be as loud as some would like, but I'm not a fan of loud, obnoxious exhaust. They have a great, refined sound and don't draw TOO much attention, which I like.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding - 2 questions