Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help deciding - 2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
I love my Corsa Sports. I think they sound great and, based on everybody's comments, I was expecting them to be really quiet. They were much louder than I expected. I think they are perfect. I understand they may not be as loud as some would like, but I'm not a fan of loud, obnoxious exhaust. They have a great, refined sound and don't draw TOO much attention, which I like.
I just placed my order for the xtreme since it was cheaper than the sport. I am not a fan of loud either, but I read its 9 db difference and since its cheaper - might as well get the extreme. Plus once I do go F/I these are made for high HP applications so I won't need to go to another set.

I just hope I don't get pulled over a lot now
Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

How about for the mid-pipe? Should I do catted x, or catted h?

Please let me know - thanks!

EDIT: Well after reading quite a bit and looking over a few things (this helped the most - https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...explained.html)) I think I am going to go with a MAC-PC2105 which bolts to stock cats. I heard a few clips and its very deep which is nice

What does everyone think? Does it require welding, or is it a simple bolt on?

Last edited by Smooth_J; 03-23-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

How much did you pay for the Xtremes? You can get the Sports for around $660.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

How much did you pay for the Xtremes? You can get the Sports for around $660.
I paid $681 and they are shipping from Cali. The order is still processing, but for some reason I have questions on whether or not these will be too loud. Granted I know I am getting the prochamber, which will change a few notes, but I dunno.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
Here's what I learned about warrantees and superchargers a few months ago:

Roush will back a 3/36 with the Roushcharger provided someone on their list did the install.

Vortech and Paxton have a supplemental 3/36 (costs about $500) available if the install is done by someone on their list.

Ford Racing has a 12/12 on their non-intercooled kit as long as a Ford dealer does the install.

Saleen had a 3/36 as long as someone on their list did the install. Who knows what they have now.

The big caveat with the FRPP, Roush, and Vortech/Paxton is they cover $5,000 for motor repairs, $1500 for tranny and $1500 for rear end with an $8,000 maximum for all covered repairs. Can't remember the specifics of Saleen but a Google search should yield some answers.

In the end I decided to do my own install and take my chances. At some point I'll upgrade the short block and tranny anyhow.

You probably have the option of selling your extended warranty back to the dealer at a prorate.

Forced induction is fun. I have no regrets about doing it and only a few about how I've gone about it. Hindsight is 20/20 you know.
Bruce, thank you for the info on this. I didn't even realize you posted this till this morning :P

I maybe going with the Roush, Paxton, or Saleen kit, but we don't know what the Saleen kit's warranty is anymore :/
Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Smooth_J
I paid $681 and they are shipping from Cali. The order is still processing, but for some reason I have questions on whether or not these will be too loud. Granted I know I am getting the prochamber, which will change a few notes, but I dunno.

If they're a bit too loud for you, I'm sure you can find someone with the Corsa Sports that would be interested in trading up to something louder that would be willing to do a trade. If you're really worried about it, then go cancel your order and get the Sports. Nothing like a $700 purchase you end up regretting...
Old 03-24-2009, 03:53 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

you can take a piece of crap and slap a warranty on it and its still a guaranteed piece of crap!!!!!! Warranties are way over rated esp with FI added.....if you want to play you have to pay...so save enough money to get FI and if something fails on the driveline (like motor or trans, or rear diff) you can replaced sooner then later...
Old 03-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

If they're a bit too loud for you, I'm sure you can find someone with the Corsa Sports that would be interested in trading up to something louder that would be willing to do a trade. If you're really worried about it, then go cancel your order and get the Sports. Nothing like a $700 purchase you end up regretting...
Very good point, but I am sure if I can handle a Borla aggressive on my 01, I should be able to handle these

My first mustang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJ7g3b0Sh0

At least these won't drone like the Borlas. Like you said though, if it is too loud, I am sure someone would like to trade up

Originally Posted by mygt500
you can take a piece of crap and slap a warranty on it and its still a guaranteed piece of crap!!!!!! Warranties are way over rated esp with FI added.....if you want to play you have to pay...so save enough money to get FI and if something fails on the driveline (like motor or trans, or rear diff) you can replaced sooner then later...
Sounds like Tommy Boy

I agree, I will see how much I can get back since I only picked up the car around months ago.

Last edited by Smooth_J; 03-24-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Well I just placed the order for the prochamber. I can't wait for everything to come into place
Old 03-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

UPDATE: I spoke to Corsa, and he stated that no matter which mid-pipe I get it will sound nice. Also, since I would like to get the prochamber, it won't change the sound, but it will smooth out the popping/flow issues associated with the stock H.

I will update once I have a video/sound clip, or once I hear more info