Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:10 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Default Whipple Supercharger

Any of you heard anything about the release date for the Whipple supercharger (for the Auto)?? I am hearing conflicting reports and have emailed Whipple but they have not replied yet....

I was sold on the Saleen Supercharger but this Whipple product does look good! See the following link for the Whipple info:-

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1208

Old 06-16-2005, 08:58 AM
MackinMike

Default RE: Whipple Supercharger

lol whipple has been out for a while now..... i wouldnt reccomend it though.... high amount of psi for quite a little gain considering. wait for the KB sc at the end of the summer to come......well worth the wait!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:01 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MackinMike

lol whipple has been out for a while now..... i wouldnt reccomend it though.... high amount of psi for quite a little gain considering. wait for the KB sc at the end of the summer to come......well worth the wait!
I disagree on the high amount of boost for HP, ie 470 HP for 8 PSI I though!!

If it is out then where the hell can you buy it!!!???
Old 06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
stang9325
2nd Gear Member

IMO i think the Saleen looks way better. I think it just has a cleaner look. Not sure on the HP and psi figure (470@8psi), but if memory serves me, the saleen is ~400@4or5psi. That figure could easily be increased with a different pulley. Not to mention that the Saleen is about a grand cheaper than the whipple. Just my .02
Old 06-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

The Saleen series 6 twin screw blower is the most efficient twin screw avalible, because it utilizes 2 heat exchangers. The only good reason anyone should get a Whipple or a KB over a series 6 Saleen blower would be if the Whipple or KB cost less.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:21 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

KB uses a roots type blower. The screw type used by Whipple and Saleen is more efficient. And I believe Saleen actually uses a Whipple unit with their own proprietary plumbing and a bigger pulley for reduced boost. The Whipple and Saleen kit are actually selling for the same price, aren't they? The Whipple kit is going for $4999 at RPM outlet and Saleen's kit is going for the same price. They way I see it, you get more for your money by going with Whipple. Seventy more HP and over 100 more foot-pounds of torque. An easy choice, unless you just like dropping names.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:31 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Well, I just got off the line with RPM Outlet. Seems they have a bit of false advertisement going on at their website. You can't actually get the Whipple kit yet. It's supposedly on an 8 week back order. I'll just wait until it's actually available. I can't stand paying for something and having to wait eons before I receive it![:@]
Old 06-16-2005, 08:14 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

KB uses a roots type blower. The screw type used by Whipple and Saleen is more efficient. And I believe Saleen actually uses a Whipple unit with their own proprietary plumbing and a bigger pulley for reduced boost. The Whipple and Saleen kit are actually selling for the same price, aren't they? The Whipple kit is going for $4999 at RPM outlet and Saleen's kit is going for the same price. They way I see it, you get more for your money by going with Whipple. Seventy more HP and over 100 more foot-pounds of torque. An easy choice, unless you just like dropping names.
I've seen dyno's for the Saleen over 430 RWHP - and at 4 psi.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:15 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Oh, and it's available...and cheaper...
Old 06-16-2005, 08:19 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: delurker

I've seen dyno's for the Saleen over 430 RWHP - and at 4 psi.
Perfect!!! Exactly the numbers I was looking for... just under 450rwhp. I bet that adding headers will add a few more hp, too. Any idea what the torque numbers were? Also, are the dyno's you've seen posted somewhere on the WWW?

Quick Reply: Whipple Supercharger