Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SC install price

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

Let me know how it goes!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 AM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

+1 on Brenspeed. I'm getting my Stage 3 Saleen installed in less than a month now (starting to get REALLY excited!!!). I'm making an 8 hour drive to have the install done. It's $785 for the 1-day install.....they offer a $150 gas credit for making the drive, a $140 credit if you pay with cash of check AND they set you up in a nice guest house while they do the work. From what I've read here on the forums the Stage 3 Saleen is worth the price and if you've spent anytime on the forums at all I'm sure you know about Brenspeed's reputation.....top notch!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PistolPez73
+1 on Brenspeed. I'm getting my Stage 3 Saleen installed in less than a month now (starting to get REALLY excited!!!). I'm making an 8 hour drive to have the install done. It's $785 for the 1-day install.....they offer a $150 gas credit for making the drive, a $140 credit if you pay with cash of check AND they set you up in a nice guest house while they do the work. From what I've read here on the forums the Stage 3 Saleen is worth the price and if you've spent anytime on the forums at all I'm sure you know about Brenspeed's reputation.....top notch!
I wish I could do that, but its 12 hours away from me. Too bad I can't find a company like this closer.

Heck, if I had money to burn, I can always send it on a semi - but thats like a grand each way. Plus they have to send it back to me.

I can always have JDM in NJ do the work/install - but I hear more of Brenspeed so I am unsure hows the quality of the work.

EDIT: I heard back from the car shipping place - they want $472.00 each way - door to door. Not too bad, but still expensive :/

Last edited by Smooth_J; 03-25-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Um. JDM is one of the best. Do some research on them, they are great. If you are in NJ I would not go anywhere else. They also have similar "kits" like brenspeed.

Go JDM.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

JDM is one of, if not THE, top Saleen s/c tuners in the country. There's a large group of people that argue with you to the death that JDM does Saleen s/c's better than anyone. If I lived in NJ, I wouldn't let anyone do the install BUT them. Well, at least the tuning, I'd do the install myself. Do some research on them.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Well like someone said, the Saleen SC has no warranty. So if thats the case, I probably will go with the roushcharger kit since it still uses the factory warranty of 36K. I am going to take the advice of everyone and cancel my extended warranty and use that money for the SC and the install. So it would cost me around 6-7K to do this whole thing (+/-).

My only concern, if any, is the life of the engine/transmission since this is a DD (to and from work around 80- miles, per day). So I really wouldn't want anything to go terribly wrong.

Anyway to ease my concerns?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Speaking of SC installs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here please. But the installation of a NON IC supercharger looks pretty cake. If you can get the intake manifold off without someone holding your hand then you are halfway done.

Oversimplification?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

maybe just a little, but pretty close

Originally Posted by Riptide

If you can get the intake manifold off without
someone holding your hand then you are halfway done.

Oversimplification?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Yeah the injectors are easy to get to from what I've seen and ofcourse the plugs are a piece of cake assuming you get them done early before cementing into the head. lol

If you use the boost-a-pump then that also is fairly easy vs. changing out the fuel pumps. For a noob like me it seems like installing one of these things would be doable with minimal assistance from those who know a few things more than I do. I'm very tempted to try and do it on my own.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

you have to feel reasonably comfortable
with the task at hand.

for a long time i was afraid to change my
shifter. it took awhile for me to work up
the nerve.....

Originally Posted by Riptide
I'm very tempted to try and do it on my own.

Quick Reply: SC install price