Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to get there

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:18 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Default How to get there

I have a 2009 GT/CS with 1104 miles...dead stock. I want to get here (cams with that old school sound, UDPs and CAI/Tune), but have a few questions on sequence, ect.

After reading the great writeup/how-to on cams, I know that I cannot install them myself (and am frustrated). I am new to the Houston area, and don't know/trust any installers/tuners...

1. Will the FRPP cams get me that sound, as ford could install them? Low end power loss?

2. CAI coming from Breenspeed w/tune...do they have tunes to include cams (do I need to tune for cams)?

That is really the extent of the mods I want to do...Here's where I am currently at...stock (5spd, 3.55s)..w do I reach my destination...suggestions?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

You are in luck. Run, don't walk to DynoJoe - dynojoe.com This guy is in Houston and he is one of the best there is with FRPP cams. I may drive there myself one day from Brandon, MS (about 8 hrs) if I decide to put cams on.

Have you ordered from Brenspeed yet? You may get your best deal getting all this stuff at once from Dynojoe. Dynojoe is going to have to re-tune your car anyway after the cam install.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:58 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I recommend you add some exhaust parts to your list too. Ideally long tube headers, high flow cats, and some axle-backs; but if you don't have the money at least a different set of axle-backs.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:02 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

Awesome, thanks guys...will the FRPP cams (and maybe axle backs...not going anywhere near rice fart cans tho) give me the sound I want (or close, I realize this is not a 69 mach I 428 cobra jet)...

shanec...man, I really appreciate the recomendation...Back in Detroit I knew and trusted people...here in Houston it's tough, especially for my first new car ever with only 1K miles...I will look him up right away

I have not ordered anything or made any moves yet, but am ready to...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

If you don't have the money to re-do your whole exhaust, just get some muffler deletes. Slp loudmouths, or boomtubes? That should give you some sound to start off with lol. My list:

1 - slp loudmouths
2 - frpp stingers
3 - added o/r x
4 - added jba lts + o/r h
5 - magnaflows
6 - flowmasters
7 - back to the lt's + o/r h + stingers. (pure sex imo)

Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
Awesome, thanks guys...will the FRPP cams (and maybe axle backs...not going anywhere near rice fart cans tho) give me the sound I want (or close, I realize this is not a 69 mach I 428 cobra jet)...

shanec...man, I really appreciate the recomendation...Back in Detroit I knew and trusted people...here in Houston it's tough, especially for my first new car ever with only 1K miles...I will look him up right away

I have not ordered anything or made any moves yet, but am ready to...
No prob.... you might want to do some reading at http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005/

DynoJoe reads and posts there.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I would get the CAI and tuner from Dynojoe since he will have to tune it anyway for the CAMS. To get the sound you want, you will have to do something with the exhaust. Like Acascianelli said, LTs, x-pipe with high flow cats and axlebacks (Flowmasters, Macs, Basani, etc) CAMS will give you that lope, but the exhaust system will give you the sound you want.