Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has ANYone on here installed BMR relocation brackets/LCA's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Default Has ANYone on here installed BMR relocation brackets/LCA's?

This is a major pita. BMR instructions suck and calling them got put on indefinite hold. I have the passenger side bracket mounted, adjusted the control arm to it's shortest length and it still doesn't fit. I still don't know which way the rod end goes and BMR's instrctions don't specify. Can anyone here assist?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:25 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
This is a major pita. BMR instructions suck and calling them got put on indefinite hold. I have the passenger side bracket mounted, adjusted the control arm to it's shortest length and it still doesn't fit. I still don't know which way the rod end goes and BMR's instrctions don't specify. Can anyone here assist?
TacoBill has a write up the BMR LCA and relocate bracket. The link is below, good lock.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...on-w-pics.html
Old 03-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Ok, callled BMR back and he recommended (along with verifying the rod end goes on the axle-side) that I loosen the relocation bracket and then install the CA's, then tighten everything up once it's all together.

That worked. I was trying to fully mount the relo brackets first which caused the fitment issue.

I'm DONE! phew.. that was more frustrating than the springs/dampers job.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

welll, thanks to BMR's wonderful manufacturing tolerances the drivers side rear rod end will NOT fit into the bracket. I'm going to have to remove it and widen it. this is the most frustrating thing I've ever done thanks to the manufacturing problems. I'm wondering if they even test fit the rod ends into the brackets. obviously not...

Ok, just got the driver side in and adjusted both LCA's to 18.5'' (exact length of stockers). Now I need to adjust the pinion angle.. maybe tomorrow.. I've had enought for today lol.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 03-27-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Snapped a pic for you guys before I set 'er back down. Looks good under there!
Attached Thumbnails Has ANYone on here installed BMR relocation brackets/LCA's?-bmr_lca_brackets.jpg  
Old 03-27-2009, 06:04 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

never seen the relocation brackets in red before, looks nice. gonna get an adjustable panhard?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Already got one.. just arrived today, just not in time for me to pick it up with the other parts. It will go on tomorow.... also red in color.
Name:Sam Strano
E-mail:strano@stranoparts.com
Ship (P/U) date:Mar 23, 2009
Delivery date:Mar 27, 2009 4:55 PM
Sign for by:Signature Not Req
Service type:FedEx Home Delivery
Packaging type:Package
Number of pieces:1
Weight:7.00 lb.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Now that I'm looking at that nice pic of my rearend I think my next mod will be a panhard relocater and nice aluminum diff cover. that diff cover looks like crap... not that anyone is going to see if but wtf.. gotta look good under there, right? .
Old 03-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Blk06 Droptop
2nd Gear Member

i did this same install last weekend and it was the most frustrated that I have ever been working on a car. The instructions do suck.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Oh man, I just got back from the first drive with these... holy f-in ****, good lord... what a freakin difference!!!!
Everyone that hasn't replaced their lower control arms yet.. listen to me.. this is gospel... do it NOW!

Ford soooooo underengineered this car it's pathetic . Handling is out of this world with the d-specs, HR race springs and these LCA's/relocation brackets. World class handling. I'm amazed. After getting everything realigned with the brackets and the stiff/low rear H&R race springs it's absolutely amazing. I've driven C5 vettes and this car will hang if not outdrive them.

The LCA/brackets were what this car was missing.

Excuse me guys but I must go out and drive this thing. wow. what a car.... those ****ers from top gear would wet their pants. lol

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 03-27-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Has ANYone on here installed BMR relocation brackets/LCA's?