Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[B]"SHORTY HEADERS"[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

wtf! how are you guys getting such cheap deals on ur headers? i was gunna have this dude, "OC mufflerman" do my full exhaust this spring break (2 weeks) and he quated me 600 for my mufflers and x pipe, for product and installation, then 900 for BBK headers and installation, so 1500 for the whole exhaust... Does anybody else know of a exhaust dude in orange county that is not gunna completely bust my *****?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:38 AM
TorchRedStang06
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by blkstang39
Yeah!
There borla stingers (FRPP)
Very loud and deep rumble I have an X pipe too.
WOT sounds fantastic.
My wife said she can hear me coming into town 2 km's away and I'm not even on it.
The neighbors confirmed that as well. They like the sound by the way!
Sounds like a sweet set up!!
Do u hav any vids??
Old 03-28-2009, 01:47 AM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

I got my JBA shorty Titanium coat for $150 lol. It sounds really good and can feel more low end torque. Its all worth it too cuz its CARB cert and will pass emmissions.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 AM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
wtf! how are you guys getting such cheap deals on ur headers? i was gunna have this dude, "OC mufflerman" do my full exhaust this spring break (2 weeks) and he quated me 600 for my mufflers and x pipe, for product and installation, then 900 for BBK headers and installation, so 1500 for the whole exhaust... Does anybody else know of a exhaust dude in orange county that is not gunna completely bust my *****?
I strongly suggest you leave the OC and head to GTR Hipo in Rancho Cug. info@gtrhipo.com | 8678 Utica Ave., Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. Tell him Fred with the Windv blue GT recommended you. its worth the drive and you will not let anyone else touch your car. Its a pure Stang shop with a dyno and excellent techs. Gonzalo and Ricardo( brothers) own the shop. Ricardo does the tuning. trust me you will not be disapointed with the proce and the quality.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:45 AM
mds08
1st Gear Member

I have BBK shorties ceramic coated,FRPP X pipe and Mac mufflers. It sounds like an old school big block with the help of the FRPP Hot Rod Cams. Its is an awesome sound. Don't forget the 410 gears.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:12 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by mds08
I have BBK shorties ceramic coated,FRPP X pipe and Mac mufflers. It sounds like an old school big block with the help of the FRPP Hot Rod Cams. Its is an awesome sound. Don't forget the 410 gears.
Dont fear the gear!!!!!!!!!! (and CAMs)....I bet it sounds sweet and vids?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:13 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I just ordered JBA silver ceramic shorties from latemodelrestoration.com for $440 shipped. I've done a lot of research and it seems like the JBAs have the best design. There is a dyno test of BBKs online and they found that the BBKs actually lose 2-3 hp at high rpms. I think this is because BBK bends their pipes so sharply that it creates more restriction than stock at high rpms. JBA has much more smoothly flowing pipes and on their website, and I do not see any drop off at high rpms on their dyno sheet. I am going to take some runs with my accelerometer and some datalogging with my SCT tuner before and after the JBA installation so I can have some real numbers for all the bandwagon LT fans on this website.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:28 AM
blkstang39
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TorchRedStang06
Sounds like a sweet set up!!
Do u have any vids??
I have only loaded a dyno vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVwjwvc2drg

As usual does not do it justice.
When I load more I will send them
Old 03-28-2009, 07:45 AM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

A lot of good responses, all the good comments have me leaning toward a set of shorties. I'm not so much after every HP like LT users say they get, but I'm after a better sound, a cleaner engine bay and if I gain a couple of horses that is cool too. I kind of figgerd the shorties would still be better than the rusty looking stock manifolds. Seems like right now I have 2 brands I'm looking at the JBA's and the FRPP ones. I'm going to try and find the article in a Ford/Mustang magazine that did the header comparison and see what they came up with also.

Last edited by LegendLives; 03-28-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: missing words :~) coffee not kicked in yet
Old 03-28-2009, 08:06 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Here is the article of the BBK install that scares everyone away from shorties. http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techar...o_results.html

You can see the BBKs actually lose 5hp close to redline.

Here is the only JBA dyno graph I can find online.

http://products.jbaheaders.com/asset...5must_1675.jpg

Quick Reply: [B]"SHORTY HEADERS"[/B]