Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Springs to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

Default What Springs to go with?

Ok, wheels/tires going on tomorrow 18x9 Saleens with Nitto 555 255-45-18's

What spring/drop should I go with this?

Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set (2005+ GT)?
Eibach Mustang Anti-Roll Kit (2005+)?
Strut Tower Brace?
Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dblex
Ok, wheels/tires going on tomorrow 18x9 Saleens with Nitto 555 255-45-18's

What spring/drop should I go with this?

Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set (2005+ GT)?
Eibach Mustang Anti-Roll Kit (2005+)?
Strut Tower Brace?
Well Dblex here's my story and suggestion.... After putting on my new Deep Dish Bullitts with Nitto 555's 9" fronts 255/45/18 and 10" rears 285/40/18, I found that this now gave me just a little toooo much space at the top of the rear wheelwell. Since this put me over the edge as they say, I finally decided to lower it and went with the Eibach Pro kit and new Dampers ( Struts & Shocks). I am now about 1" lower in the front and a full 1 1/2 " lower in the rear . It's amazing ....and as others will tell you it looks and feels great, and it's really the way to go. Hope this helps and good luck.
Oh and by the way, a Strut Tower brace (I have a Steeda Billet STB) you will find is mostly just for show ..!!

Last edited by 07 GT E UPP; 03-28-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

good to know on the tower brace....

I thought it was supposed to help with twisting...

thanks for the direction!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 AM
dark-army
2nd Gear Member

I got saleen replicas (s-style rims) a few weeks back. I lower with steeda sport springs. They only dropped 1in in back and .75 up front. For looks, I might consider going a little lower, the low profile tires leave a decent size gap. However, the springs are great and with new dampers have really helped the car ride better and handle the twists with ease.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Spend the money and do the dampers at the same time, you'll be glad you did later.

Last edited by Ato; 03-28-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:18 PM
GONEN6T

eibach pro kit works nice on my 06 GT
Old 03-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

When shopping springs I was told to stay away from eibach. Not sure why but some suspension guru guys told me to avoid them. I originally purchased Steeda Competition springs. I now have H&R Race's. The Steeda comps gave a nice ride along with great handling but rode a bit high, the H&R's ride is somewhat brutal, but they have awesome handling characteristics and a pretty low drop. I guess it depends on how much ride you're willing to sacrifice.

I'd also like to try vogtland's one day... they are quality springs as well. Different springs greatly affect the characteristics of the car. I rode with the H&R fronts and steeda rears for a day and was in heaven. Great ride and great handling. Then put the HR rears in and was completely brutalized. Installed new LCA's and relocation brackets in the car last night and now the HR rears feel wonderful lol. So.... it appears that the whole is greater than the parts when it comes to suspension. Dampers, springs, LCA's, and the parts that are required to bring everything back into alignment (like relo brackets and bumpsteer kit) make everything work so much better together.

And like ATO said, I wouldn't just install new springs w/o dampers, but do what you can afford. Save your money on the tower brace. Suspension upgrades are so much fun.. I'm having much more fun upgrading suspension than any of the power mods.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 PM
GONEN6T

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
When shopping springs I was told to stay away from eibach. Not sure why but some suspension guru guys told me to avoid them. I originally purchased Steeda Competition springs. I now have H&R Race's. The Steeda comps gave a nice ride along with great handling but rode a bit high, the H&R's ride is somewhat brutal, but they have awesome handling characteristics and a pretty low drop. I guess it depends on how much ride you're willing to sacrifice.

I'd also like to try vogtland's one day... they are quality springs as well. Different springs greatly affect the characteristics of the car. I rode with the H&R fronts and steeda rears for a day and was in heaven. Great ride and great handling. Then put the HR rears in and was completely brutalized. Installed new LCA's and relocation brackets in the car last night and now the HR rears feel wonderful lol. So.... it appears that the whole is greater than the parts when it comes to suspension. Dampers, springs, LCA's, and the parts that are required to bring everything back into alignment (like relo brackets and bumpsteer kit) make everything work so much better together.

And like ATO said, I wouldn't just install new springs w/o dampers, but do what you can afford. Save your money on the tower brace. Suspension upgrades are so much fun.. I'm having much more fun upgrading suspension than any of the power mods.
so why did they say to stay away from Eibachs?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:31 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

I went with the Eibach pro kit. I left the stock shocks on there and it has been great! No leaking at all and the ride is excellent. I did all the work myself in just a few hours with me and a friend. It looks excellent too, I would say.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Eibach Pro!

Quick Reply: What Springs to go with?