Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Declaration. I love my GT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 12:27 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Declaration. I love my GT.

in some ways, i agree with you but on the other hand, in some ways i dont...no need to make this a debate though. it all boils down to personal preference. in a nut shell, you just cant compare a vette to a mustang. in that aspect, why dont YOU compare a vette to a porche??? see, there just isnt any comparison. before, the vette was the best bang for the buck sports car, but that title very may have well been taken over by the new stang. 25000 for a 300HP car with a nice interior and attractive styling vs. 45000 for a 350HP car (C5) with IRS??? is that different rear end really worth double the price tag??? i honestly couldnt tell you when, if ever, i will hop on a track and run circles. i have a much better chance of meeting one on I45. i guess if you have the money, then more power to you. in my case, i cant crap out 25000 extra bucks so i went with the stang (my personal preference)
Old 06-20-2005, 12:35 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I would hope that the Vette would have a better interior for $20,000 more. I am quite happy with the interior of my car after all it's the best bang for your buck by far in my opinion.When I bought it I did not thank I was getting a Lincoln.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:48 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

All this "Corvette VS Mustang" talk is boring. Who cares. People here drive mustangs. This post was about how happy a person was with their Mustang. But some Jerk has to come along and spout out "Corvette this and Corvette that". Stupid. Here is one of the biggest differences between the cars; today I took my wife and our two kids to the zoo. Yeah. FOUR people. Try doing that in a Vette.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:03 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Scaught

today I took my wife and our two kids to the zoo. Yeah. FOUR people. Try doing that in a Vette.
Only need three trips...
Old 06-20-2005, 04:02 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]

Its cool that you love your new car but dont let it make you stupid.....How on earth is a stang more refined than a vette and nearly as quick???? thats crazy
[/quote]

Why dont we just try and NOT reply to this guys posts being negative - his post was just telling us how damn happy he is with his new Stang, so why diss him for thinking his ride is more refined! I agree with everything he said although I am biassed as I have always hated Corvettes - the shape/interior, you name it I havent liked it (the new model is an improvement though I admit!).....this is the best damn car in the world and it rocks - the interior is is perfect, I wouldnt change a thing and the exterior other than the side mirrors/antenna is perfect!

MongreMan - sound like you are in the wrong forum, why dont you go buy yourself a Vette!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 05:59 AM
StarBuck

ORIGINAL: MongrelMan

ORIGINAL: StarBuck

OMG. This car is juuuust brilliant! It looks better in the flesh than it does in photos, feels very big and solid, is sooooo much more refined than my Corvette C5, is very nearly as quick as the corvette, and just **sounds** delicious! I haven't even turned on the stereo yet!

I'm smitten. I live in the UK, but have been exclusively driving US cars for about the last 6 years (3 Corvettes and a Hummer H2), but this is my favorite by qu...
Its cool that you love your new car but dont let it make you stupid.....How on earth is a stang more refined than a vette and nearly as quick???? thats crazy
Well, the 0-60 time of a vette is around 4.5 seconds. The 0-60 time of the Mustang is 5.0 - so to the every-day driver, there doesn't feel like much difference. The car is better put together inside than a C5 which feels very plasticy and vaccuum formed (the mustang has a lot more "edges" which makes it look more modern), and when you're "on it" in the mustang, to doesn't feel like you're out of control, with the traction control scrabbling for grip like it does in the vette. The mustang feels "planted", whereas the vette feels "floaty". Do I really need to go on? Have you driven a C5 recently???
Old 06-20-2005, 06:01 AM
StarBuck

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

ORIGINAL: MongrelMan

ORIGINAL: StarBuck

OMG. This car is juuuust brilliant! It looks better in the flesh than it does in photos, feels very big and solid, is sooooo much more refined than my Corvette C5, is very nearly as quick as the corvette, and just **sounds** delicious! I haven't even turned on the stereo yet!

I'm smitten. I live in the UK, but have been exclusively driving US cars for about the last 6 years (3 Corvettes and a Hummer H2), but this is my favorite by qu...
it's probaly a sh1tty LT1 vette.

Nope - 1982 Crossfire Injection Corvette, then 1997 Automatic C5, then 2000 Manual C5. Never owned a C4 - thought they looked like a wedge of cheese.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:08 AM
StarBuck

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

MongreMan - sound like you are in the wrong forum, why dont you go buy yourself a Vette!!!
Amen!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 AM
StarBuck

Some pix!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17848/D8BE5893FD69493CB2B240EC98859A2C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17848/A2297E806AAC462584312BF9E4D02027.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-20-2005, 08:32 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scaught

All this "Corvette VS Mustang" talk is boring. Who cares. People here drive mustangs. This post was about how happy a person was with their Mustang. But some Jerk has to come along and spout out "Corvette this and Corvette that". Stupid. Here is one of the biggest differences between the cars; today I took my wife and our two kids to the zoo. Yeah. FOUR people. Try doing that in a Vette.

I agree with what you said but sometimes I feel I have to defend the the GT It's always been for me anyway GM against Ford well you know where I stand. I will always take the bait when that subject comes up.

Quick Reply: Declaration. I love my GT.