Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Corpo
2nd Gear Member

Default questions!

well i have two, first, will a 2007 gt500 instrument cluster fit in a 2005 gt dash and work properly including my color? i prefer the cluster because the RPM is on the right side. so has anyone done this? will it work?

second, what is the most RWHP anyone has got while staying NA without nitrous? is 450RWHP achievible? all the bolt ons+head work+meth injection

thanks for the help, my 2005 GT has less then 20000KM (12500 miles)
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Corpo
2nd Gear Member

nobody has any input?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:03 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i believe the GT500 cluster will be functional, except for the boost guage. i have not done it, but i think i heard on this forum that you need to take it to the dealer to have them program it correctly to function properly.

on the max n/a rwhp #'s; you could make allmost that, for the right ammount of cash. heads, cams, and full bolt-ons, and its still questionable. call up livernois motorsports and get a blueprinted/ballanced short-block and then do all the heads, cams, and bolt-ons and your probably looking good at that point.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

450 bhp (as in crank) is about where it stops n/a. People have gotten all over that range and you'll need a stroker kit. In fact I know some one personally who I recently met who has 430-440 at the crank N/A using the most advanced parts out there. It would hit 450 if the A/C was disconected or methanol was added.

The GT500 cluster has a boost guage which I've read a few different times won't work in a GT. The fact that I've read that means that the cluster works in the GT.

Last edited by Legion5; 04-15-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

as everybody said, it should work except for the boost, just a little heads up, the amount of money ud spend on bolt ons and such to get ya up to 450 hp would outway the price of you just using force induction.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Not to cut in, but apparently it is possible to have a GT500 dash swap. However how would you get the boost to work in a SC application? Is there are a tube, or is it electronic?

Plus does anyone know the part number and does anyone know where the mileage is stored?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

As of yet no one has been able to figure out how to get the boost gage on the GT500 cluster to work on a GT with a SC installed. However, everything else on the GT500 cluster will work on your GT to include the "your color" option "if" your GT already has it as an option. If you did not you would have to buy the part to make it work.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Smooth_J
Not to cut in, but apparently it is possible to have a GT500 dash swap. However how would you get the boost to work in a SC application? Is there are a tube, or is it electronic?

Plus does anyone know the part number and does anyone know where the mileage is stored?
The new cluster will have to be configured by the stealership with the correct 'as built data'.

Boost is a sensor that emits an electronic signal thats interpolated and converted to
can buss data by the PCM then sent to the cluster.

Mileage stored here

Last edited by 157dB; 04-15-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
The new cluster will have to be configured by the stealership with the correct 'as built data'.

Boost is a sensor that emits an electronic signal thats interpolated and converted to
can buss data by the PCM then sent to the cluster.

Mileage stored here
So in short, I can't get the boost to work if I can't get the boost data to the can...

I know my Edelbrock and a few others have electrical gauge connectors, so maybe its possible to pass that signal along the bus. However that may take some serious modding
Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

It will work fine. Has its own my color as well as a red white and blue option.

Part #7R3Z10849AB

Can order from Kevin at Clevenger 1 800 570 5554

Originally Posted by JST4FN View Post
Just did mine yesterday and it is a piece of cake. All you have to do is have the dealership pull your info out of the old unit while it is plugged into the car still. Unplug that gauge cluster and plug in the GT500 gauge cluster. They will then apply your info and it's done.

Two things you should know. To get the mileage correct you need to buy it from the dealer or have them send it off. Otherwise it will start over at zero. Secondly the boost gauge does not work up front and there are a few of us trying to get the wiring diagram on it to fix this.

Oh there is one more thing, to you will need to have mycolor with the message center in the middle console.

My impressions, well I love it !! The tach on the right, 160 on the speedo and the look is better. I thought the original cluster was nice until I installed this unit. I can't stop looking at it

Last edited by MELLOWYELLOW06; 04-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: questions!