Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What to do?
yes- get the cowl hood from Cervinis
52.94%
no- dont get the cowl hood
47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

What to do? thread revised!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I am considering the Whipple non-intercooled....I want power, but conservative power as I am not looking to become the next NMRA champion at the dragstrip. I just want the car to have a little more "umph" to it. I also have to remember the car is an automatic, so it's not going to handle as much as a standard would.

The cowl hood will just be a little extra for me.

Thanks for all the insight into the changes I am contemplating.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I want 06elnr's hood......eaglestroker's wheels......onderful100's sc.....
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

if you've got the money to burn, put some more in the gt500 and just enjoy driving the skunk through town so people can ogle.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by r3velation
if you've got the money to burn, put some more in the gt500 and just enjoy driving the skunk through town so people can ogle.
I have a little to play with...and I have decided to put a cai/tune, smaller pulley, lower springs on the 500....but that's about as far as I would go. Want to keep it relatively untouched if I can!!

I've been driving both cars a lot lately, and it is true. I get more looks and compliments on the white gt than the gt500... all it got me was a ticket! LOL! (well, actually a warning.....)
Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

have you thought about putting the kr mufflers on the 500? some really nice videos of them. i'm in love with that sound, just don't want to put them on until i have some more beef inside the can. don't want it to sound too hollowed out. that and i want SOME bite to the bark.

as far as styling goes, i don't know what to say to put on the skunk, i think it's drop dead gorgeous.

btw, LUCKY on the warning, when i got pulled over, the cop told me to get the eff out the car. i was doing 7 over speed limit. he was like what is your damn problem, then he was like roll up your windows, let me see if they're tinted, do you have a effing front license plate? i was like WOAH, slow your roll. don't gotta get so rash.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

S~ definitely get the cowl hood! Also go with the whipple non intercooled for the extra umph your describing and the GT500 will satisfy the craving for even more power!!!! Sounds like a plan that just needs to be put into motion.....go with your gut on this and keep it simple!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 AM
zporta
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
I have a little to play with...and I have decided to put a cai/tune, smaller pulley, lower springs on the 500....but that's about as far as I would go. Want to keep it relatively untouched if I can!!

I've been driving both cars a lot lately, and it is true. I get more looks and compliments on the white gt than the gt500... all it got me was a ticket! LOL! (well, actually a warning.....)
Its good 2 hear that you wanna wanna mod the 500, I just did the lethal stage 2 to my car and my god what a difference... Changing the pulley was a real bear tho... so i hope your ready for that... and the lowering springs were a must as this this was sitting up super high...

Originally Posted by r3velation
have you thought about putting the kr mufflers on the 500? some really nice videos of them. i'm in love with that sound, just don't want to put them on until i have some more beef inside the can. don't want it to sound too hollowed out. that and i want SOME bite to the bark.

as far as styling goes, i don't know what to say to put on the skunk, i think it's drop dead gorgeous.

btw, LUCKY on the warning, when i got pulled over, the cop told me to get the eff out the car. i was doing 7 over speed limit. he was like what is your damn problem, then he was like roll up your windows, let me see if they're tinted, do you have a effing front license plate? i was like WOAH, slow your roll. don't gotta get so rash.
a lot of ppl are starting 2 do the KR trend but most who do are also switching over to a H-pipe, the ones who stay w/ the x-pipe are kind disappointed in just the KR's alone. They say w/ the KR's and the H-pipe it is one of the best sounds for the GT500's
Old 05-05-2009, 07:16 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

You know you want some of this cowl hood action! You already have the horsepower in the GT500, so spruce up the Skunkster.

Or get the whipple. You're good either way.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Completely loving your hood....
Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Smile

I must say the skunkster is certainly one of the best looking mustangs i have ever seen. The cowl hood will compliment her very well

And the pink whipple will wow everyone when you pop the hood! I cant wait to she her when she is finished again! Good luck Shella!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to do? thread revised!