Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Default Alarms?

Anyone have an aftermarket alarm in their car? I park my car in a lot where I have seen numerous cars getting broken into. Anyone install it themselves? recommendations?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

where bouts in ca you located? if you're near northridge, there's a guy i know that does some great work with some real serious alarm-work.

you pick the product that he offers and he'll get it done before you're done with lunch.

shoot me a pm and we can discuss in detail.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:43 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I have the active anti-theft system from the factory and it is considered one of the best available for our cars. I haven't even thought about replacing it.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

got the clifford matrix 1. its not the top of the line, but has impact sensors and it went off when my car was at walmart and some kids were messing w/ it, and once when it got egged at night woke me up in time to clean up the egg before it got stuck on. clifford or viper are about the best you can get both are made by same people i think. if you want the best get the one w/ the pager alert.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

im using a viper 791x (2 way LCD remote), i installed it my self. it was NOT one of the easier alarms i have done, but cars never are. most of the wiring is in the passenger kick panel.

mine has battery back up, hidden siren,remote start,motion sensor and trunck release/door locks.

you can do it, just dont get in a hurry, you can google the wiring diagram and it will give you most of the colors and locations you need.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

I have the Visionguard 8000 made by scytek it comes with the remote starter its pretty cool cause it comes with a camera and if someone tampers with the car it will take a picture and sends it to the remote.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Javdog
I have the Visionguard 8000 made by scytek it comes with the remote starter its pretty cool cause it comes with a camera and if someone tampers with the car it will take a picture and sends it to the remote.
where is your camera mounted? That seems like an interesting idea but not sure how reliable it is. It seems like you have to guess where someone might break in then mount a camera in that direction.

Originally Posted by r3velation
where bouts in ca you located? if you're near northridge, there's a guy i know that does some great work with some real serious alarm-work.

you pick the product that he offers and he'll get it done before you're done with lunch.

shoot me a pm and we can discuss in detail.
Im in San Diego but take the drive up to San Jose a few times a year so I pass though LA. Im still looking around for the right alarm and whether I will install it or not but thats a possibility.

Im looking into the Viper 5901. looks like a decent alarm and I like the looks of the remote. I purchased an alarm for my 2004 f150 a year ago but sold the truck before I installed it. I noticed how complex the wiring was and how the instructions didnt say ****. I was also wondering how would I remote start work on a manual car?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by david01130
where is your camera mounted? That seems like an interesting idea but not sure how reliable it is. It seems like you have to guess where someone might break in then mount a camera in that direction.

Im in San Diego but take the drive up to San Jose a few times a year so I pass though LA. Im still looking around for the right alarm and whether I will install it or not but thats a possibility.

Im looking into the Viper 5901. looks like a decent alarm and I like the looks of the remote. I purchased an alarm for my 2004 f150 a year ago but sold the truck before I installed it. I noticed how complex the wiring was and how the instructions didnt say ****. I was also wondering how would I remote start work on a manual car?
I have the camera mounted in the top upper corner of the passanger side windshield on the pillar and its pointed at the driverside seat and window, most thief will break in the driverside and drive off. I know this cause my Escalade was stolen without an alarm and they broke in the drivers side. The camera will take 10 pictures and send them to your remote.

Last edited by Javdog; 05-04-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Just about anything from DEI (viper, python) is pretty good stuff. Make sure you get an external shock sensor installed.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I installed my Python 990 alarm, remote start myself. But that was back when I was a car audio installer. I suggest taking it to a local shop or Best Buy and get one professionally installed. +1 to what kingsofcrunk said.

Quick Reply: Alarms?