Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT owner.. maybe..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default New GT owner.. maybe..

Working on a deal for a 2008 GT, 5 speed. Trading My 2006 Trailblazer SS with the 6.0 vette motor. The GT isn't quite as fast but i feel with some mods it will be. So what are some good mods? i want the roush body kit for sure. And since i own a sign shop i will have some stripes on it right away. It's the dark silver GT. no leather tho Should be a good deal. I have to decide between that and a 04 orange GT. I like the new body style better, just don't know what to do.. help...
Old 05-05-2009, 06:44 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Dude the SS Trailblazer runs low 14's stock a Mustang GT runs high 13's, if you're a good driver These things hit 13.7's. Anyway the best mod to start with is a cold air kit and tuner thats where you're going to get a lot of speed, that will drop you to 13.4's. You can also get a set of under drive pulley's not too much power however the engine will spin easier, also a set of mufflers for sound purposes ofcourse almost no power gains there. After that it's up to you what your final goal is as far as power goes.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 PM
jedison

If you know you want a mustang then it's just a matter of getting a good deal. And if you got a good deal, and I assume you've looked around and did your research, then go for it!

The Roush kit is definitely beast. In my opinion it's the best looking kit out there. 2nd would be Cervini's. What color stripes are you thinking about?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If you're not going FI, the biggest bang-for-the-buck is tha CAI & tune combo; good for about 15-25+ RWHP. After that, cams, LT's w/ O/R X-pipe, UDPs, delete plates, aluminum DS, gears. Those will probably push you into the low to mid 300's RWHP. With the Stang's power to weight ratio (and there's another consideration... weight reduction) she'll be nasty.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys. My SS isn't stock at all. Runs low 13's. Nothing i have stays stock for very long. I know 1st thing i am getting is exhaust and hood scoop. I have been researching for about 1 month and decided on the stang. My 1st choice was a vette but the price made my mind up on that one. And the fact that the vettes that were in my price range were 2002's and had high miles and most were beat pretty hard. Tho i am new to Fords and have been a Chevy guy i have LOVED the new Mustangs looks. And i hate to say it, but there is no sound like a mustang with good pipes. something about these cars that just sounds SOOOO good. Way better than any chevy i have had. And let me tell you i have had MANY GM cars. 3 Trans Ams, Hummer, Solstice GXP and a few more. So while I will be a GM guy at heart i feel i will be driving a Mustang. lol.. To be honest i am not very brand sensitive. Have had chevys, dodges, and now soon to be a ford owner. I am one of those closet Ford lovers. After the test drive today i think i could move over to the blue oval...

I am thinking Flowmaster or BoomTubes. I have a flowmaster system on my SS and love it. but the BoomTubes seem very nice and deep sounding also.

Tomorrow i go make the deal on the 08. I may just come home with it.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

PS.. what is the deal with the Mustangs guages. do they change colors? every one i see on youtube is a different color.. wtf??? lol
Old 05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Tony, be selective, it is a buyers market right now. Yes, most of the GT's have ''my color'' dash which you can customize the color of your gauges. If your 08 your looking at has cloth I doubt it has my color gauges. The GT's with the leather interior are called premium GT's they have more options, the GT's with cloth are called deluxe GT's. If you look around you will find one with the options you want with the price that you want to pay. Good Luck, a former GM nut here too. Ford owner since 1995 never looked back.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gtguyonli
Tony, be selective, it is a buyers market right now. Yes, most of the GT's have ''my color'' dash which you can customize the color of your gauges. If your 08 your looking at has cloth I doubt it has my color gauges. The GT's with the leather interior are called premium GT's they have more options, the GT's with cloth are called deluxe GT's. If you look around you will find one with the options you want with the price that you want to pay. Good Luck, a former GM nut here too. Ford owner since 1995 never looked back.

AHHH.. i see. I have been looking around at that since i posted. I do want the GT with leather and the shaker upgrade. Damn, back to looking..
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TonyGT
AHHH.. i see. I have been looking around at that since i posted. I do want the GT with leather and the shaker upgrade. Damn, back to looking..
Tony, where in PA are you? I bought my Stang at Brian Hoskins Ford in Coatesville. They stock a LOT of "well-equipped" Stangs and pretty much specialize in F150's and Stangs exclusively.

If you're close enough, check them out. They're good people.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:52 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
Tony, where in PA are you? I bought my Stang at Brian Hoskins Ford in Coatesville. They stock a LOT of "well-equipped" Stangs and pretty much specialize in F150's and Stangs exclusively.

If you're close enough, check them out. They're good people.

thanks man. they don't have too much right now, but i emailed em. see what they can do..

Quick Reply: New GT owner.. maybe..