Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby Kicker System enroute to my house!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Ok, that amp better put out some serious watts. That's a lot of scratch. I'm sure its got at least $400 tacked on because of the shelby grills.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:06 AM
mustangbillyb

Thanks for the pix..looks like a great system for ease of install..the end result being the sound of course..looks like on going to have to have this myself..keep us posted on the installation of these pieces..at 62 ..never to old to enjoy good sound and the easier it is to install the better
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I did the install on Saturday and if your just installing the system it won't take you that long to do at all even if you have never done anything like it before. The directions can be a bit dicey at times since they were put together so each part of the system could be installed by its self so when your installing the whole system it gets confusing. This is something that I'm going to address with Shelby and send them some suggestions as to how to make it easyer to install.

I was not able to take pictures as I wanted too during the install since I was very pressed for time and my helpers ended up having other comitments come up. I can tell you that the system was well worth it, not only do I have more power but great sound too. Mid bass, and sub bass was greatly improved along with marked improvements in Mids and highs too.

The "only" cutting you have to do is on the stock door subs, they have 2 sets of wires (one to each voice coial) and the new door subs only need one set even thow they are duel voice coials too. Besides that the system is truely plug & play. Now on the directions they want you to remove the rear deck cover which is a pain in the @ss and takes way too much time to do so I would suggest is to just remove the rear deck speaker grills which just pop right out using a panel tool. This will get you the access you need to remove them very quickly and save you having to take apart half your car.

Also, if you installing the full system make sure to run "both" power cords (something they forget to tell you about like I said above) The 4.1 Amp and the Sub both have their own power cords that have to be run so run them both at the same time or you will be taking more time to do it twice

The one thing that took me most of the day to do was installing my sound deading matt which is easy to do but just takes time to cut & lay out but it was WELL worth it. I can't beleave how much nicer it is inside my car now. It cut down a ton of road noise and I have no vibrations even when I crank it!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM
mustangbillyb

Thanks for the info on the install..looks like I'll be ordering mine soon..glad your happy with the performance and sounds like it was a good investment..just have to fumble my way thru this when it gets here.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangbillyb
Thanks for the info on the install..looks like I'll be ordering mine soon..glad your happy with the performance and sounds like it was a good investment..just have to fumble my way thru this when it gets here.
If you have any problems or questions please PM me and I help you threw it.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 AM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

it was very impressive! the sound was top notch and the simple install was an A++. Cant wait to hear it in your ride cutter

Last edited by 06elnr; 05-18-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06elnr
it was very impressive! the sound was top notch and the simple install was an A++. Cant wait to hear it in your ride cutter
Its just as impressive in my car D And bro, I just want to know when we get to hang out together again? We had too much fun the last time man, we need to hook up some kind of a beach trip or something?
Old 05-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Yoshi5674

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Great review! Thanks!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
ssebranek

One quick question: Do the door subs run off the stock amp or off the new kicker amp? I have replace all my speakers except the door subs and have the stock Shaker 500. Would the Kickers run off the Shaker 500 sub amp(by the kick panel?) The Shelby site wasn't clear on this.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssebranek
One quick question: Do the door subs run off the stock amp or off the new kicker amp? I have replace all my speakers except the door subs and have the stock Shaker 500. Would the Kickers run off the Shaker 500 sub amp(by the kick panel?) The Shelby site wasn't clear on this.

Thanks
The door subs still use the stock amp but are futher boosted by the new kicker amp.

Quick Reply: Shelby Kicker System enroute to my house!