Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much could I get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

Default How much could I get?

I'm looking at selling the GT.

I have looked on KBB and NADA, also checked out autotrader to see what others are doing.

I'm thinking about listing it for $18k and taking offers. I don't need that much, but I'll never start with what I do want.

I won't be trading it in...lose too much that way.

I'm planning on buying an F-150 for a family car, then next year [taxes] getting rid of the wife's car and getting a corvette.

So it will be a short term sacrifice, but in the end I'll end up with a corvette.

Let me know what you think:

47,500 miles
GT

Mods:
C&L cai
sct x3 tuner
4.10 gears
bassani high flow catted x
M-80 'type' mid mufflers

Appearance:
18x9 wheels w/ very good tires [less than 2k miles]
Blackout panel
Smoked fog light covers
Smoked tail light covers
Paint matched 1/4 window louvers
Lowered on FRPP springs
Black housing corner lenses

The good thing keeping the value up on KBB and NADA is the fact that the miles are pretty low and I keep them that way. I've only put almost 4k miles on it in over a year.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

I doubt you will get anywhere close to 18K for it.
The miles you have listed are not low miles they are average.
The car is 4 years old and at 12K/year that is 48K miles, right on what you have.
You should never plan on getting more then 10 cents on the dollar for mods.

I am in the same boat, I want sell my car but I still owe 21,500 and I would never be able to get that for it.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JRT1
I doubt you will get anywhere close to 18K for it.
The miles you have listed are not low miles they are average.
The car is 4 years old and at 12K/year that is 48K miles, right on what you have.
You should never plan on getting more then 10 cents on the dollar for mods.

I am in the same boat, I want sell my car but I still owe 21,500 and I would never be able to get that for it.
I don't want $18k, I thought I made that clear, sorry.

I want between $16k and $17k for it, but I'm going to start at $18k because if I started at $17k I would never get it.

Based on what I see on Autotrader and values on KBB and NADA I should be able to get $17k.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Ya I understood that you didn't want 18K for it.
The problem I see is that you probably will not even get book value for it right now.
The market is so soft and the fact gas prices are rising again has people either not buying or low-balling cars like these.
I hope you do sell it and get what you want as i want to do the same thing.
Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:20 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

If you can hold out and find someone that likes your mods is your best hope.

I just bought an 06 with 21k miles on it for close to 17
Old 05-11-2009, 09:58 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

13,500 to 14k, sold to a private party, don't plan on getting what the used car dealerships get, they are asking 15k for cars like yours on the used lots, also geographic areas have an effect, I have seen cars like yours for below 13k on autotrader, I know I am wanting an 05 GT myself. me personally I would rather buy a bone stock car that was driven by a women or older person, mods to me say the car has been driven hard
Old 05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Its worth a shot man, I'd at least try and sell it if thats what you want to do. We're going to get the woman a Corvette in December when her lease is up. We've been finding used C6s in mint condition with heads-up, nav, and less than 7500 miles for $32-37k asking price all over the place.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
13,500 to 14k, sold to a private party, don't plan on getting what the used car dealerships get, they are asking 15k for cars like yours on the used lots, also geographic areas have an effect, I have seen cars like yours for below 13k on autotrader, I know I am wanting an 05 GT myself. me personally I would rather buy a bone stock car that was driven by a women or older person, mods to me say the car has been driven hard
Just because there are mods doesn't mean it's been driven hard. A middle aged woman who doesn't know how to drive can do more damage to a car than someone who knows the car and has light mods on it.

BTW, I've already looked on AutoTrader. In this area they're not going for $13k and the dealerships are still asking $17k-$18k+
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT/SRT
Just because there are mods doesn't mean it's been driven hard. A middle aged woman who doesn't know how to drive can do more damage to a car than someone who knows the car and has light mods on it.

BTW, I've already looked on AutoTrader. In this area they're not going for $13k and the dealerships are still asking $17k-$18k+
I doesn't matter whether or not it was driven hard just because it is modded, but that is going to be the assumption everyone will make, and that is something you will be unlikely to overcome. Included in that is the assumption that you messed w/ something that didn't need to be messed w/, say the gears, which a potential buyer might conclude that it might have been screwed up w/ the install or that the gears installed where not the quality of the factory, anyone that has seen a set of cheap aftermarket tailights will probably have that bias to anything aftermarket if they are unfamilar w/ the product, car or company.