Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help and advice on Steeda Sport springs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:56 AM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Default Help and advice on Steeda Sport springs.

Hi, someone wants to give me a set of Steeda Sport springs for my 06 GT. He recently did a complete suspension changeover and he said he had these on his car for 6 months. My question is, I am not looking to do alot of suspension mods at this time, but it makes me crazy that the rear of my car sits so high, I would like it lowered to level it out with the front. By changing the springs to the Steeda Sports will it do this? Will it change the way my car handles or affect the ride in any way? Right now I am only looking for appearance, not so much a change in ride or handling. If I decide to do this should I change the fronts as well as the rears or just change the rears for now? Next does anyone know approximately how much it would cost to have them installed and where on L I can I have them installed? Any advice and help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:43 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

everything just depends on what you are expecting. I have those springs on my car and it definitely lowered it to get rid of the "4x4" look, but it still sits just a hair higher than those with the Eibach Pro-kit. I've had the springs on my car for almost 4 years now and they have really performed well when I go on mountain runs

as far as installation costs, I suggest calling around to several shops for quotes
Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 AM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

the sport springs really leveled my car out, the rear went down significantly, the front a little bit. definitely change both out at the same time.

the ride will be a little bit stiffer, they are pretty firm compared to the oem springs.

call around local shops for quotes?
Old 05-17-2009, 12:37 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Do I need an adjustable panhard bar with these springs or will I be OK with just having the springs installed?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:02 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

you will live without it. depends on your tires, you can easily measure after they are installed and determine if you truely need one.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:08 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Not to sound stupid or anything, but I am completely lost when it comes to suspension mods. How will I know if I need an adjustable panhead? The tires I am running are Nitto NT555 255/35ZR20 tires, if that helps you to try to explain to me. Thank you.

Originally Posted by siberian.mist
you will live without it. depends on your tires, you can easily measure after they are installed and determine if you truely need one.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:50 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

you probably won't need it.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...on-w-pics.html

this will teach you how to install and measure. skip the install part and just measure first so you know if you need it or not. it's simple. as long as you know how to screw and unscrew bolts you can do this.

Last edited by siberian.mist; 05-17-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Well, you know when something sounds too good to be true. I went to pick up the springs today and they had no identification that they were Steeda springs at all, so I started looking closely at them and I found the front ones said Hyperco on them and the rear ones had some sort of part number on them. So, I graciously backed out of the deal and said thank you for your time. Either he truly didn't know they were not Steeda and was hoping I wouldn't find out or he was trying to take advantage of my offer? So, for now I will keep the high rear end until I save up a few more ollars to have the whole job done right.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

the steeda sport springs are marked hypercoil. hypercoil is a great company and they make the sport springs. that is the proper marking. my steeda sport springs dont say steeda on them anywhere, i talked to steeda to confirm all of this, i was a little hesitant myself when my springs said hypercoil instead of steeda.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Are you serious? I thougt all Steeda products had their logo stamped in? The front ones said "Hyperco" and the rear ones just had some sort of part number begining with "F" followed by a series of numbers, they didn't look like the Steeda springs I seen on the web sites and also, what made me suspicious is that the guy said he removed them from his 06 V6 because they were too low and the ride was too harsh, he installed Roush springs instead and with the Roush springs his car looked very low and he said it was lower with the "Steeda" springs, so if that was the case, it was too low for me anyway.

Originally Posted by siberian.mist
the steeda sport springs are marked hypercoil. hypercoil is a great company and they make the sport springs. that is the proper marking. my steeda sport springs dont say steeda on them anywhere, i talked to steeda to confirm all of this, i was a little hesitant myself when my springs said hypercoil instead of steeda.

Quick Reply: Help and advice on Steeda Sport springs.