Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I had to come see what was up when I saw someone screaming for help HEEELLLPPPP!!!! lol. Yeah the MAF may even be dirty now. Just cleaning it may help but with that size MAF a tune is def required.

You won't hurt your car so you can chill about that. Mine ran like an f-in sick school bus for two days after installing my cams and now she runs like new. Tune.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
devin gt/cs
2nd Gear Member

yeah its running perfectly fine now, thank Rubr
Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devin gt/cs
not a total "f*cking ret@rd" ( not sure why you wouldn't write retard, figured thats retarded of you) but anyway it really isn't as bad on the engine as everyone makes it seem. it throws the computer off but honestly who give 2 s#its, the car still ran and it ran with ***** like that. to me it felt stronger then with a tune jmo. my panic was not getting the ecu back to normal after it but thanks for your opinion jahu
Man, you're hard headed. I've never seen a single person or company say to run a JLT on a stock tune. Everyone says not to, but you chose against it. Funny.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

yeah its running perfectly fine now, thank Rubr
Good to hear bro.. just ignore these f-ers messing with you. I'm definitely going to have to use the old HEEELLLPPP!!! to get folks attention next time I need IMMEDIATE help though lol.

I'll have my entire suspension in pieces, have to work the next day at 12 midnight and just say "help me please" in the header.. doesn't work worth a crap.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:21 PM
devin gt/cs
2nd Gear Member

bmr4life...i never said anyone told me to run it without a tune. i know its supposed to be ran with a tune but thats to get the full potential out of it and to prevent any possible damage which is already highly doubtful with just an intake. i noticed its only the american car anthusiast that panic with the whole intake thing cuz with the imports and euro's its done and chipped later without any repercussions...our ecu's progressively react to the conditions theyre put thru. so just as it was said my sensors were slowing adjusting thats what i figured would happen. just wasn't sure how to bring it back thats all.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:22 PM
devin gt/cs
2nd Gear Member

but once again thanks for the support Rubr
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

bmr4life...i never said anyone told me to run it without a tune. i know its supposed to be ran with a tune but thats to get the full potential out of it and to prevent any possible damage which is already highly doubtful with just an intake. i noticed its only the american car anthusiast that panic with the whole intake thing cuz with the imports and euro's its done and chipped later without any repercussions...our ecu's progressively react to the conditions theyre put thru. so just as it was said my sensors were slowing adjusting thats what i figured would happen. just wasn't sure how to bring it back thats all.
I trust what Brenspeed says.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

You have no concept of how the engine sensors work to adjust fuel and timing. The MAF sensor tells the computer vital information on how much air is entering the engine so that it knows how much fuel to add. It can guess by the TPS, but the tables will be off b/c the JLT intake flows more than the stock intake which causes a lean condition which is highly dangerous. Your car is most likely reading the 02 sensor readings and making adjustments from there which means on tip in/ tip out, your a/f ratios will be way off. I just don't want others on the forum doing the same thing as you and damaging their engines because they read about you doing it.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

to me it felt stronger then with a tune jmo.
That's because it was running ridiculously lean. You're playing with fire, dude. This ain't no honda civic.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Your adaptive tuning needs to be reset and relearned.
Disconnect the NEGATIVE battery terminal for
20 MINUTES to reset the Adaptive Learning.
Then follow the instructions in the OWNERS MANUAL
for the Adaptive Learning relearning procedure.