Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions Please - Roush or Stock Hood Scoop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:16 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default Opinions Please - Roush or Stock Hood Scoop?

Im am really stuck between the Roush and stock hood scoop for my 2006 Silver GT vert. Please post your preference and why. (no best/worst - just really interested in your opinions on how they look. Thanks! This would help me a lot.

Last edited by rogan01; 06-03-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

They both look good. Not really that much difference in them.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:34 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I dont like the way either fake hood scoop looks but the Roush is the worst of the two. Too dinky.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:32 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

roush, but im biased.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:15 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Hi, this question kept me from getting a hood scoop for a few months, I kept going back and forth, I like most things factory, I liked the honeycomb grille on the factory hood scoop, but for some reason I liked the way the Roush looked better, also the Roush had easier installation instructions to follow and fewer holes to drill, I know you drill 1 or 12 holes it dosen't matter. But what really made me decide on the Roush is that a friend of mine (mikes08gt) has an 08 CS/GT that he specifically ordered with NO hood scoop so he could have a Roush hood scoop installed. He said he liked the longer look of the Roush instead of the shorter squattier look, so I guess that stuck in my head? I decided on the Roush, I got it from Josh at RPI designs, his price was good, the paint matched perfectly and I installed it in under a half hour. The hardest part was taking the blanket clips off without breaking them. Hope this helps you?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

how much is a scoop? cause if you just save a could extra hundred you could just buy a hood with a real scoop. ive seen a couple hoods with that hotrod scoop a couple times. then thered be plusses
1. it would cool the engine
2. two if its ram air it gives a little more air.
3. its wouldnt have that obvious stuck on crease around it
4. ITS REAL lol
but i know you may jut want it for the looks to were i would prob have to vote for roush
Old 06-03-2009, 04:11 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Thank you all for the kind feedback - again - I am not trying to say one is better - I just appreciate the individual feedback/comments/preferences. I know the decision is mine, but REALLY apreciate your thoughts and preferences - it helps a lot!!!!

Thank you and please continue feedback.

btw gtguyonli - your stripes look great with the Roush scoop - what are the specs and where did you get them? - Anyone know? Thanks

Last edited by rogan01; 06-03-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

we have a similar scoop that comes prepainted for an amazing price.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...i-designs.html

Last edited by 5SPD07GT; 06-03-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:39 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Hi Rogan01, the stripes were on the car when I bought it, ironically, I didn't think they would look good with any hood scoop because they are kind of narrow, that was another problem, after I made my descision, I felt if they didn't look good with the Roush hood scoop I would remove them until I could save enough money to have them painted on wider, but after I got the hood scoop, I placed it on the hood and they didn't look bad, so I installed it and I feel it looks great. I'm not sure of the width, I will go out to the garage and measure them later. Also, they happen to line up perfectly with my 3D Carbon Eleanor grill.

Originally Posted by rogan01
Thank you all for the kind feedback - again - I am not trying to say one is better - I just appreciate the individual feedback/comments/preferences. I know the decision is mine, but REALLY apreciate your thoughts and preferences - it helps a lot!!!!

Thank you and please continue feedback.

btw gtguyonli - your stripes look great with the Roush scoop - what are the specs and where did you get them? - Anyone know? Thanks

Last edited by gtguyonli; 06-03-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

well, im all for "getting a ram air induction" hood if you can afford it at this time...

so those who say both are fake.. I say yes they are but either looks better than the 2005-2009 crappy mustang hood

I think i like both, i have the roush

Quick Reply: Opinions Please - Roush or Stock Hood Scoop?