Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ford Mustang GT Full Review: Interior, Exterior, Engine, and Performance article

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 AM
alsGT

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I applaud you for driving the car before writing a review. So many others dismiss the car before driving or just plain refuse to drive it all..but they are very critical of it and write how horrible it is.
First, thank you for your service in Air Force.
Second, I agree a worthwhile opinion on performance, either power or handling, can not be given without first hand experience. However I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me that I can't form an opinion on the looks of a vehicle without a test drive. B***S***!
Al
Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
anyone that buys a 2010 mustang will have to be put on suicide watch when the 2011 comes out. Seriously, the 2010 will be the car that no one remembers when the history books are written. They will consider the 2011 to be the real model change with its new powertrain line-up.
Nobody in their right mind (IMO) would go out and buy a completely redesigned vehicle it's first year. They didn't iron out the kinks in the 05's until 07', when I purchased mine. So the 2010 buyer can wait a couple of years, let the car mature and then trade-in. The new 2011 buyers may be the one's on suicide watch .

That's why I'm hanging tight until ~2012 and see where these muscle car wars go.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 06-15-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:42 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by alsGT
First, thank you for your service in Air Force.
Second, I agree a worthwhile opinion on performance, either power or handling, can not be given without first hand experience. However I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me that I can't form an opinion on the looks of a vehicle without a test drive. B***S***!
Al
i never said anything about forming an opinion based on looks only. I am speaking of those who give a review of this car based ONLY on looks. I have seen where it was written by some on this forum that this car won't out handle a Camaro or this new car is nothing but an '09 with a new body...from people who have never driven it. Those are the people I am talking about.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
After seeing them on the road i hate the rear end even more. absolutely horrible. i like the interior and the front end isnt bad.

+1 I HATE the rearend on the 2010. The rest looks good but what was FoMoCo thinking when they came to the **** end of the car?? It looks Japanese (Infinity G37ish/Acura TsXish). It's all brawny in the front and sides then has a wimpy girls **** on it that screams, do me in the tailpipes.

I'll stick with my 08gt and just throw a CAI and gears in it and call it a retro 2010

P.S. this is only commentary on the LOOKS of the car which I have seen several in person, not the performance. :P

Last edited by Derf00; 06-15-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:21 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Well I have not driven one yet but have scene a few around town. I have to agree with most in saying that the rear end needs a total makeover. I think that the sequential tail lights should have been an option rather than stock. The other thing i noticed is the faux gas cap is much larger than ours and looks funny. The rest of the car looks quite nice IMO. The interior is something I have not scene in person but the squared vents are not something I see myself falling in love with. Its nice to think of really nice interior but thats not the attitude of my stang. I think it's supposed to have bold simple interior with a rough ride and loud lol; but thats just how I like my stang.

I'm very interested in this intake that they are talking about. Why has an aftermarket company not done this with the 05-09 models. I have run across threads of people talking about it but never actually been done to my knowledge.

As of now I would give this car a B. However, the book is still very much open on this car IMO. I will have to see the inside first hand and drive one to get a full feel for the car.

Last edited by ABQstang89; 06-15-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM
geryogery
1st Gear Member

Thumbs down

WOW, WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
I really don't know about the power or refined improvements, but visually speaking I think it really blows.

The grill, headlights and front bumper look ok, but the rest of the body needs to be redone. I was born in the 70's back when muscle cars looked like muscle cars. And what does muscle look like? BIG, BRAWNY, EXAGGERATED CURVES! That's what this car lacks.

Why the wimpy little hump on the hood? Why not a big bold bulge with a couple of angled slots cut in the front? What about the side air scoops? And how about some rear side window scoops to make it scream power? I just know that the rear of the car was designed by a Toyota lover. That roundness and angles really give it a Japanese/European pansy look. I would have just taken the previous taillights and curved them inward to give it a concave look. The "hip" curves at the side rear would have been great if Dodge had not done that to the Charger first; now Ford just looks like a copycat.

I love mustangs and I always will. My eyes go straight to any mustang I see rolling down the street regardless of the model. But seriously, this Mustang needs a good kick in the rear... LITERALLY.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Hopefully Ford is just teasing us with this model and the next edition will be a show stopper. I would love to think Ford has prepared themselves for the camaro, but history tells us different. Ford might just go back to the "lets be sure our price is lower and thats good enough" mentality.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Lets be honest, most people with an 05-09 are going to say they hate the 2010, just like people with the new edge hated the 05s. I personally like the 2010 but will wait until 2011 to consider buying one. I think the rear is fine. Just different.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Junior OTard
Banned

I love that new grabber blue color! And while Im not a fan of the rear it doesnt look too terribly bad. If you actually go sit in one and open and close the doors and the trunk and the hood you can tell it was built to a much higher degree of quality. Like when you close the trunk lid it doesnt make a clunky noise and the doors dont rattle when you close them. I absolutely love the interior, I just wished they got rid of the tonka tough doors but theyre still there except the arm rest cover isnt covered in a foamy thing, its actual leather!

Id still wait to buy one because the 2011 will have the power upgrade. But Id love to get ahold of some of these parts for my car if anyone decides to wreck theirs XD
Old 06-20-2009, 11:39 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

I have not driven the 2010 so I can only rely on articles that I have read in every buff book imaginable. Form a driving perspective, its a 09 Bullitt so that is excellent. If you have lowered your car with a spring/shock/sway bar package, you should handle like a 2010.

None of us have the piped in intake tube of the 2010 so I guess that makes the car sound awesome, but if you have aftermarket exhausts, you are probably getting there.

I am the only person in the world who really does not like the 2010 interior at all. I was all psyched from the magazines to get into something great but the rectangular center vents look out of place. I don't like the console, or the dash or the radio. But I know I am alone on this.

I love the nose, it looks mean even in V6 form and the bigger shoulders came out well too. The selection of new wheels is really terrific, standard and optional from Ford.

The tail lights are just stupid looking. When I see an 05-09 going down the road ant night I remark how bold and cool they look. And totally unique and totally mustang. The 2010 *** is definitely rice and wrong!

I think a 2012 with the 350hp v6 and a new tail design will be a winner, but I think I am not going to trade my Fakesnake ever.

Quick Reply: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Full Review: Interior, Exterior, Engine, and Performance article