Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I <3 stupid car owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

Angry I <3 stupid car owners

So, I bought my car used and it did come with a razzi/ street scene body kit already installed. Well, as most people have found out, the Razzi side skirts are cheap POS's that are simple overlays and cover the stock rockers. I decided that I was tired of my car looking kinda rice and in my effort to make my car = more muscle look I removed them. Wow I'm ready to find the previous owner and punch his lights out. First problem I encountered was that the overlays were RIVETED to the BODY. Needless to say, I went ahead and drilled those out. I go to remove the skirts, assuming there is some 3M holing the other pieces to the body because that's what every SMART mustang guy/gal uses b/c it's safe for paint etc. Unfortunately, not the case. After slaving away for over 2 hours I finally get the sides off. Can you guess what this moron used to keep them on the side? SILICONE CAULK! WTF!? so now I'm going to carefully use some caulk remover that hopefully wont eat my clear coat off b/c I can only get so much of this junk off my beautiful car's paint. So there's my vent and 2 cents. pics may be up if I have the heart to show my baby in this condition >:-(
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Topless06
2nd Gear Member

o wow.. Sorry to hear about that!!! Hope you get everything off and back to original. Good luck
Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

wow that sucks, good luck on getting it all off.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Good luck, if it doesn't work out, try finding something like this:

http://www.newtakeoff.com/Ford_musta...r_molding.aspx

I don't know if NTO is going to resupply that item, but that might be right up your alley.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 AM
GA05GT
2nd Gear Member

That straight up sucks, but it does sound like a "ricer" thing to do. Most rig their sh*t to the car b/c they think their car is a show stopper, or its a "good" idea.

The caulk thing reminded me of when I worked at a dealership a while back, a guy came in with a honda. He caulked every seam to give him more areodynamics!?! (the customer stated)

Good luck sorry that you have to fix some other person's mistake...
Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

East87, I actually bought those and that's why I took the old covers off haha. The caulk isnt on the side skirts otherwise I could care less, its actually on the BODY on either side of the door near the wheels lol. I'm going nuts waiting for the UPS man to get here and deliver my rockers . ill keep everyone updated
Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by CKurello
So, I bought my car used and it did come with a razzi/ street scene body kit already installed. Well, as most people have found out, the Razzi side skirts are cheap POS's that are simple overlays and cover the stock rockers. I decided that I was tired of my car looking kinda rice and in my effort to make my car = more muscle look I removed them. Wow I'm ready to find the previous owner and punch his lights out. First problem I encountered was that the overlays were RIVETED to the BODY. Needless to say, I went ahead and drilled those out. I go to remove the skirts, assuming there is some 3M holing the other pieces to the body because that's what every SMART mustang guy/gal uses b/c it's safe for paint etc. Unfortunately, not the case. After slaving away for over 2 hours I finally get the sides off. Can you guess what this moron used to keep them on the side? SILICONE CAULK! WTF!? so now I'm going to carefully use some caulk remover that hopefully wont eat my clear coat off b/c I can only get so much of this junk off my beautiful car's paint. So there's my vent and 2 cents. pics may be up if I have the heart to show my baby in this condition >:-(
Sounds like the previous owner KNEW of the problems with those skirts and installed them in a way to avoid the reported issues other owners had. His intent was probably to never remove them
Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

dude i had an eclipse that came with a rear lip held by silicone, when it was time to take it out i took it to a detailer and they remove everything with out a single scratch.by the way if you need a set of side skirts i have a pair laying around the house if interested.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
MuscratGT99
1st Gear Member

Wow that's ridiculous, good luck getting all the stuff off!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Sounds like the previous owner KNEW of the problems with those skirts and installed them in a way to avoid the reported issues other owners had. His intent was probably to never remove them
Yeah, previous owner actually seems to know what they were doing. Not their fault the OP doesn't like what they bought.

Quick Reply: I <3 stupid car owners