Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant seem to make a decision here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Default cant seem to make a decision here...

so the perfect mustang came in to the dealer yesterday. torch read, Red leather interior, shaker 1000, 5 speed manual, comfort packedge, security packedge, etc. Its just everything i was looking for. But looking outside my silverado could use some work and im itching to do some mods. After making some calls and researching I have found it will come to about 12k to make it 100% perfect (the silverado) and I cant decide to buy the mustang and use the silverado as a work vehicle, or to skip the mustang and turn the silverado in to a lifted badass truck toy.

need opinions here guys as im really not sure what to do here.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Well, they really are two entirely different vehicles.

If you're going to use the Silverado as a work truck, won't it get scratched/hurt/dinged and what not? Is that going to hurt the enjoyment of $12k worth of mods?

Also, the $12k of mods you put into you silverado is pretty much immediately worth squat in terms of resale value. Whereas, if that money went towards a new mustang, and you ever resold it, the depreciation hit would at least take a little bit of time first. Of course, with the car you're talking about, that depreciation hit might only take a year.

Ultimately, what do you want to do? Go fast (mustang)? Or ride high in a functional vehicle for work (truck)?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Also, just noticed you have a 'vette in your sig (and a convertible at that!) (and a 2007 model C6 at THAT!)

Most people would insta-trade their mustangs for 'vettes (not me, just saying). Why are you getting a mustang if you already have a 'vette?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ensign_lee
Also, just noticed you have a 'vette in your sig (and a convertible at that!) (and a 2007 model C6 at THAT!)

Most people would insta-trade their mustangs for 'vettes (not me, just saying). Why are you getting a mustang if you already have a 'vette?
I dont drive the vette much. its a perfect weather day only. the mustang is what I would use as a daily driver because at 70 mph on the interstate for my commute it will get alot better MPG than my yukon or silverado (both get under 12 mpg right now highway, and like 10 city) the mustang is the best mix of that.

If I did all this to the silverado I would put it in the garage with the corvette and drive it on weekends and use the yukon as a daily driver. my plan was to sell the yukon after I got the mustang.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Olythekid
1st Gear Member

A truck is a truck, a jacket up truck with all the big fancy lift upgrade and chrome and big tires is a cuty cuty truck for nancy boys that want to look cool.

Get the mustang.

Joke appart, I'm in the same boat <look at my signature> The truck is a work truck. I load whatever on the back of it without ever feeling guilty of dirtying it up/scratching ... yadiyada. I have the big tires so I can get around in the snow till the plow truck shows up.

I have the Firebird for the sunny days, the dodge is the all weather car Xcountry familly fun (Dodge with a 360 from 72 still does 23MPG).

I'm getting the Mustang for the following reasons :
- a fun daily driver where everything works.
- a car u can mod, make it ur own and enjoy it.
- a car I can lend to my friends/wife without having to provide a 2 page checklist on how to start it.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Stealth
2nd Gear Member

I saw go for the new mustang or wait for 2011 and see if Ford brings back the 5.0.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:14 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

my vote would be wait a year and get a 400hp 5.0 gt. but that's me
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

IMO,Sell the Vett,the truck,and the Yukon,Buy a GT500 for the garage,a F150 for a truck and Mustang GT for a daily driver. Since your on a Mustang site you gotta expect that!! All joking a side the Mustang is a great daily driver ! The Mustang gets my vote.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:49 PM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

I have an F150 that's supercharged and lowered 2/4. It dyno'ed around 400 hp. Last year, my company gave me an 08 Impala to drive. Even with the 400 hp pep and being lowered almost as low as a car, I prefer to drive the Impala as my daily driver. The truck just feels heavy, and not very maneuverable. I'd take the Mustang over the Silverado.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

jack up the silverado and get themustang thats my vote

Quick Reply: cant seem to make a decision here...