Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished GT500 Front End Conversion Complete! (pics included 56k NOT friendly)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Talking Finished GT500 Front End Conversion Complete! (pics included 56k NOT friendly)

Hey y'all,

Some of y'all may remember me from my original thread when I ran my 'stang into a pole.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...onversion.html

Thanks for everyone who helped me in that thread and for all the other threads I've posted since then.

I'm just about done with everything now with the conversion and I thought I'd post pics! I added one special touch on the outside that some of y'all might like. Let me know what you think!

Added two custom touches: the clear corner lenses and the custom emblem from southernmustangparts . What do y'all think?

56k NOT friendly!

Here's a link to the album (http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg278/ensign_lee/) and highlights from it here:

So what do y'all think?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I hate it.
That front end is just not my style.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:42 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

That looks fantastic!

I love the clear corner lenses and the mustang emblem, solid job.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:45 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Here's another closeup of that emblem. Not really meant to be on the GT500 front end, but the body shop and I made it work. Southernmustangparts sends you good stuff!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Wow it came out really nice. You can't even tell that your stang was in an accident The mustang emblem in the front is a bit hard to see based on the pics but still looks really cool. How much did the whole conversion cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM
bamaster

Originally Posted by S197GT07
I love the clear corner lenses and the mustang emblem, solid job.
I was about to say the opposite. I personally prefer the amber turn signals. With the clear corners and the blue pony it looks a little monochromatic.

But I love the GT500 front end, as you can see. Now save up for some wheels!

All the best and have fun with her!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

i really like the running pony. Definitely a first, if I do say so. great job on turning a frown upside down -->
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bm2088hp
Wow it came out really nice. You can't even tell that your stang was in an accident The mustang emblem in the front is a bit hard to see based on the pics but still looks really cool. How much did the whole conversion cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah, was a little darker than I originally anticipated, but the way it is, I think it's one of those things that you notice upon a closer inspection and then say "cool!" about rather than something that immediately pops out at you. I'm cool with that.

Kind of like the Mustang GT window etchings on the outside that I have or the 1965 glove box emblem that I have next to the "Airbag" text on the passenger side interior. Small little things that people may not notice on first glance, but are nice and that can be really appreciated by the right people.

As far as the conversion cost,...

If you count my $1k deductible as a CRASH penalty, then $600 as the difference between oem GT parts and oem GT500 parts. Then, custom emblem was like $135 I think and the clear corner lenses were an additional $150. Almost went with an upgrade to HIDs as well, but by the time I thought of it, the body shop had already ordered parts.

So, to recap, if you count my $1k deductible as a crash penalty, then $870. If not, then $1870

My only semi-regret is not asking how much extra it would have cost to have painted on stripes with the accident. Since the insurance was paying for all the painting anyhow, I wonder how much extra custom striping would have been on top.

Oh well. I'm not really sure that stripes would have looked good on a 'vert anyhow.

Last edited by ensign_lee; 06-16-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I hate it.
That front end is just not my style.
Haha, Pascal. Thanks for helping me out with all my body shop questions along the way. It's been much appreciated!

P.S. MOVE TO TEXAS!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:00 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bamaster
I was about to say the opposite. I personally prefer the amber turn signals. With the clear corners and the blue pony it looks a little monochromatic.

But I love the GT500 front end, as you can see. Now save up for some wheels!

All the best and have fun with her!
Haha, it's funny you mention wheels. I sprung for OEM GT500 takeoffs as my new wheels instead of sticking with my original 17" polished aluminum rims.

And now you want me to buy a THIRD set of rims!?!? haha.

Quick Reply: Finished GT500 Front End Conversion Complete! (pics included 56k NOT friendly)