Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't put gas in the tank on 08 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:40 AM
CandyRedGT
1st Gear Member

Default Can't put gas in the tank on 08 GT?

Suddenly several weeks ago my 08 GT started acting like it was full when i tried to fill the tank! I originally thought the gas pump nozzle was messed up!! Nope!! Then i thought maybe a vent line got pinched when my engine mounts and blower were installed..Nope. Brenspeed said Ford has a TSB out on a filler neck/hose issue. Two dealers told me today that they have NO idea what i'm talking about??? I have to dribble a penney-nickel at a time!! Took 15 minutes for 8 gallons of gas! Anyone have this problem? Do you have a TSB ## or remidy...etc??? Thanks alot,Joe
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
abecker

Originally Posted by CandyRedGT
Suddenly several weeks ago my 08 GT started acting like it was full when i tried to fill the tank! I originally thought the gas pump nozzle was messed up!! Nope!! Then i thought maybe a vent line got pinched when my engine mounts and blower were installed..Nope. Brenspeed said Ford has a TSB out on a filler neck/hose issue. Two dealers told me today that they have NO idea what i'm talking about??? I have to dribble a penney-nickel at a time!! Took 15 minutes for 8 gallons of gas! Anyone have this problem? Do you have a TSB ## or remidy...etc??? Thanks alot,Joe
I'd be interested if this applies to the '09s as well. Mine did it once and I thought it was just the pump being screwed up. But now I'm wondering =/
Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 AM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

I have the problem as well on my '07. I find it varies depending on which gas station I visit.....Some gas stations I have no problems at all while others I have major issues with.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
bigherm00
1st Gear Member

I've had 2 different '06 models. One was a V6, and now I have my GT. I experienced this problem with both models. There's no predictability to it either. I only use a few different gas stations and pumps routinely and sometimes that work right, sometimes they don't. It gets very frustrating when you can only pump cents at a time and you're on empty trying to get to work on time, lol. But yeah I've experienced it off and on for the last 3 years, but it isn't consistent so I haven't tried getting anything fixed. I just know that if it isn't filling correctly when I start then I stop and go to a different pump immediately instead of trying to make it work.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

If I put the nozzle in too far, it does this. If I pull it out just a tad, it works just fine. Next time, try not putting it in as far as it can go; keep pulling it further and further out until it'll work.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 AM
RobertJ
2nd Gear Member

I sometimes have trouble with my '06, and it's a fairly well known problem that's been documented on the various forums including this one. I have found that it's usually a particular pump that causes the issue, and I actually try to remember which pumps cause me the least amount of trouble. Some pumps I can go full blast with no issues and it cuts off just when it should, and I try to stick to those.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 AM
TheNJDevil
1st Gear Member

There are a few threads already started on this, here's a couple:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ns-please.html

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...g-problem.html
Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I'm happy I haven't had this problem, but I have heard that if you spin the pump nozzle upside down then it works good. It's worth a shot if you have the problem.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I've read this for years, knock on wood my 08 is OK.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 PM
mcburns36
2nd Gear Member

I solved my 07 by pumping slowly at first and then slowly increasing flow until full stream.

Quick Reply: Can't put gas in the tank on 08 GT?