Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Black
40.54%
White
8.11%
Bark Blue
2.70%
Light Blue
2.70%
Yellow
2.70%
Silver
27.03%
Orange
2.70%
Red
0%
None of the above
13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Question about Color of Racing Stripes on Mineral Gray GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Magget
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Question about Color of Racing Stripes on Mineral Gray GT

I'd go with silver to be a little different. Black is very nice too.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:22 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: swieduwi
A dealer in Leesburg, va called me today and said the there will not be a markup on 06 orders,
Damn, oh well.
I'm going to guess you're talking about Jerry's Ford. I'm really glad to hear you went to FL rather than buying from them. Those guys were complete jackasses, and after fighting with them for 2 months I relished driving in there with a GT from another dealer and telling them off. I hate that dealer, and they will never get any of my business (sales or service), nor will they get any recommendations. I'm probably one of the worst people they could have ticked off too, considering I work for one of the biggest source of cash cows in the Ashburn area, but they honestly just don't care about any relationship with the customer. Just morons all around.

Funny that they've changed their tune now. As of 2 weeks ago they were still marking up the 06 orders by $5k. When I told them that I could get an '06 order anywhere from sticker to $1k under without even trying, they called me a liar. When I told them I could get a GT at sticker from other dealers, they called me a liar again (but then wanted a list of those dealers, so they could buy them... I told them to **** off, that I wasn't helping them rip people off). They were buying GTs from other dealers and marking them up to sit on their lot at $5k over. Of course, I haven't gone back there in over a week, so I don't know if they're still doing this.

Please tell me your sales guy wasn't Harvey

Man, I hate that place... can ya tell?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:30 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ChewbaccaD

Yes it was Jerry's ford, off of rt 7, I used to work at MCI / Worldcom / UUNET in ashbun there off waxpool
are you with them or AOL?

I like Rick Hunt Ford in Warrenton, Va, ( This is where I will have service done).
I hate Koons Anything, They are crooks. Koons Sterling called me a lier too. When I went in to order an 06, the last thing to do was to sign the paperwork, they added a $10,000 markup and the loan agent said they disclosed this to me before we started the order, 3 hours earlier the sales man told me "we do not markup 06 orders" This was the first question I asked him when I walked in.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Be DARING!

Be DIFFERENT!

Be NOTICED!

Go with Metalic HOT PINK Stripes, with a shadows perl lace background!
Old 06-30-2005, 04:02 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Weird, Koons-Sterling told me up front about the markup (the Sales guy was almost apologetic about it), and I thanked them for their time and hung up. So far, their service dept. has been pretty helpful (much more so than Britt), but I haven't had any actual work done there yet... just questions. I'll keep that Warrenton dealer in mind though if I run into snags. Thanks for the tip.

Actually, I was serious when I meant cash cows. I work at Redskin Park in Ashburn Seriously, to blow a word-of-mouth like that for a local dealer is just sheer stupidity. It's kinda nice though being the only Mustang surrounded by BMWs and pimped-out Escalades and beating all of them in beauty pageant. Although my car's getting a few too many looks here lately, and I'm sure I won't have the only one for long! I have a few friends who work over at AOL (and a couple at Worldcom) who have asked to "borrow" my car for the day to parade around the work garage. You can imagine what my answer was[sm=forgetit.gif]

Never, ever, ever buy from Jerry's!! What a bunch of (-censored-)!! Throughout all the grief I went through to get this car, I was thinking every day I should've taken a job with the Lions instead (at least their owner is the CEO of Ford ).
Old 06-30-2005, 04:08 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i have been torn on the color of stripes (if any) for my mineral gray too. i think that i will go with black if i do get them. although i thought that silver would just look hiddeous on the mineral gray, i must admit that nickbrace's sig pic looks awesome
Old 06-30-2005, 04:48 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChewbaccaD

Weird, Koons-Sterling told me up front about the markup (the Sales guy was almost apologetic about it), and I thanked them for their time and hung up. So far, their service dept. has been pretty helpful (much more so than Britt), but I haven't had any actual work done there yet... just questions. I'll keep that Warrenton dealer in mind though if I run into snags. Thanks for the tip.
They said that they do have a markup on in-stock and transfers but not on "06 orders" and I think they marked up 05 orders.

I also used Battlefield ford when I had my Ranger STX, they where ok, But Rick hunt was great. We bought a Windstar in 95 there and we had several problems with it, the sales man treated us to dinner a few times, bought us lunch once and would send my wife and I and Birthday card every year. So why did I not buy from there ? they had a $2000 markup, not as bad as koons or jerry's but still, it got to me, I just could not pay over MSRP, it's wrong. (when in Florida I got it at $2000 below msrp)

Actually, I was serious when I meant cash cows. I work at Redskin Park in Ashburn Seriously, to blow a word-of-mouth like that for a local dealer is just sheer stupidity. It's kinda nice though being the only Mustang surrounded by BMWs and pimped-out Escalades and beating all of them in beauty pageant. Although my car's getting a few too many looks here lately, and I'm sure I won't have the only one for long! I have a few friends who work over at AOL (and a couple at Worldcom) who have asked to "borrow" my car for the day to parade around the work garage. You can imagine what my answer was[sm=forgetit.gif]
Ya, Cash Cow is right, I thought for sure Joe Gibbs would turn around the skins, I just don't know now..
"I guess I must remain a Coyboys fan"

BTW ChewbaccaD; NICE VERT [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-30-2005, 04:55 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

05SatinSilver,
I like the stripes on your stang, "sweet" the color matches perfecly
Old 06-30-2005, 05:16 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

thanks man, and congrats on yours I'm curious to see how quickly you make the drive!!

Yeah, me too on the Gibbs thing. lol... I won't hold the Cowboy thing against ya though. Mustangs are more important here [sm=gears.gif]
Old 06-30-2005, 05:43 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

thanks man, and congrats on yours I'm curious to see how quickly you make the drive!!
Yea, me to, I will post time and avg speed when I get back, (will take is easy in Ga. SC and NC are cool)

Yeah, me too on the Gibbs thing. lol... I won't hold the Cowboy thing against ya though. Mustangs are more important here [sm=gears.gif]
Yes Sir., you are right, Mustangs are more important "Both cowboys and indians ride mustangs"

Quick Reply: Question about Color of Racing Stripes on Mineral Gray GT