Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you like my new mod??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:01 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

It's a mustang, we don't put z3 fenders on or vents. It's like you're trying to blend the car with the imports instead of making it a true muscle car. I understand that they all like it there cause its rare but it would be even cooler if you don't conform it to import styling. Just my opinion.
But its all in what you like and makes you happy. If you question whether or not you like it, then maybe you need to take a step back and make it the way you want. I don't question any upgrade I have ever put on my car, cause I know it looks good to me.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

Hey its your car. If you like it, go for it! IMO the front end has a lot going on... I would replace both chrome grills with something less flashy, maybe the black chrome cutout grills from AM here... Otherwise your car looks great! Love the stripes on the hood and the chin spoiler fits great... The 7-8 gauges is a lil overboard but whateva... BTW what's the gauge in the glove box?
Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Your car looks great, but I do agree about having a less flashy grill. You have done a nice job with your car for sure.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jmoss
BTW what's the gauge in the glove box?
You beat me to it, that was my next question...clock maybe?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i think your mustang is looking very good, Ralph. dont mind all the criticisms, i think they all mean to help you out by pointing out what can make your car better. i like the gauges, and you will be adding the supercharger so the gauges will be of use later, and it is a show car also and at shows they like bling!

you are doing a great job modding the mustang in the Netherlands, i'm sure you are only 1 of a few in your part of the world. the saleen SC is a great choice, although i would go whipple, but saleen is good too they certainly look good under the hood. keep up the good work and post up more pics when you do more modding.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

...and is that a GT500 next to you in the 1st and 3rd pic?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
You beat me to it, that was my next question...clock maybe?
Thats what I was thinking... its seems pretty unnecessary...
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys,

I had the gauges :
fuel press.oil press,trans temp, boost,pyrometer,volt

Next step will be the black striping over de car , i think you guys dont like the roush spoiler? and i have already window scoops...cervini style......to put on
This week i will get my bilstein shocks and springs with swaybars...and then i will choose an good supercharger which is safe for my enigne
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by ralphmustang
thanks guys,

I had the gauges :
fuel press.oil press,trans temp, boost,pyrometer,volt

Next step will be the black striping over de car , i think you guys dont like the roush spoiler? and i have already window scoops...cervini style......to put on
This week i will get my bilstein shocks and springs with swaybars...and then i will choose an good supercharger which is safe for my enigne
Any supercharger is safe, just don't go crazy on boost.
10psi for daily driving, don't go over that.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by ralphmustang
its a pitty that you give this reply i am the only 1 in my city with a mustang ..and a few in The Netherlands.... every body thinks it is awesome..here..but oke ....only are promothing the stang here..
Ralph, you asked for opinions in your first post and I think that people gave you their thoughts on how to improve the car - and some compliments as well. Saying you should change out the grill for black billet to go with the black stripes sounds like an excellent idea to me and fits with your overall scheme better than the chrome grill.

The Roush spoiler is a great piece and I think that everyone pretty much likes it - even though we may have made different choices for our own Mustangs.

But in the end it is your car and you have to be happy with it, not any of us. All we can say is what we think we would do if it were our Mustang.

Last edited by JimC; 07-08-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: do you like my new mod??