Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Dealing with American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Angry First Dealing with American Muscle

I just had my first dealing with American Muscle - maybe the last.
I have a 2006 GT 'vert. Over a year ago I bought a White Face Gauge kit from US SPEEDO. I installed it and it looked great, but I noticed 2 icons were missing (Lost Traction and The Wrench).
I have been living with it, not happy, but livable. I saw that American Muscle is selling a kit made by Simco. I e-mailed American Muscle (twice) and specifically asked about these two icons. I described my problem with US SPEEDO.
I recieved an e-mail back saying that ALL the icons were on their kit.
After thinking about it for a month or so, I went ahead and ordered the American Muscle kit.
I just recieved the kit. The first thing I did was to look at the overlay and sure enough, the two icons I asked about are missing in this kit too.
I called American Muscle and described the whole thing. The first thing the guy said was they needed the e-mail I had gotten from them. Since I thought they were a stand up company, I didn't save it.
They did agree to take the kit back, but I have to pay to ship it back, even though it was their screw up. He almost sounded relieved I didn't have the e-mail.
Hey, it might be a small thing, but since I contacted them BEFORE I ordered the kit, and was given the bad information, I expected them to refund the entire amount including shipping. I guess I expected too much.

Last edited by Goldenpony; 07-08-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:09 PM
zachcrosen
1st Gear Member

PM AMNick about this. He seems to be a good guy. I have ordered a few things from AM and have had nothing but a positive experience. Surely he will work this out for you.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

I ordered my floor mats and shorty antenna from them, and got them quickly, I even had to change my order mid-stream, and they were great about it. I would order from them again.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

A/M is one of the better vendors out there..had nothing but good experience with them! id keep at em and hopefully they'll work it out for you.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Not sure how they can really even sell that kit that way.
For passing emissions reason.
The 1st thing that's tested in Illinois is the bulb test, to make sure the light works.
I could see that being a problem out here.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Stealth
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, get into contact with AMNick, he will make things right. However, right now I think he is on vacation. Check the American Muscle specific section.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

AMNick will take care of you. I just spent about $2200 with them this week and he helped me out alot....
Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Resolved

I am happy to announce that my issue with American Muscle has been resolved to my satisfaction. I had e-mailed AMNick outlining my complaint. Nick is on vacation, but I was answered by another gentleman, Ryan. I recieved both an e-mail and a phone call. AM sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label by e-mail. I am getting a full refund and they are picking up the return shipping. On top of that, Ryan said they would investigate my complaint concerning the missing icons and try to make sure this wouldn't arise again in future orders.
I am completely satisfied with this outcome. I will surely order from American Muscle again in the future. AM is a "Stand Up Company".
Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

Awesome! I am glad they took care of you.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
lespah80
1st Gear Member

Site is amazing. Ordered some royal purple gear oil from them, got it next day. I cant believe it

Quick Reply: First Dealing with American Muscle