Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cervinis bodykit in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Default Cervinis bodykit in NYC?

Looking at the videos and reading the comments in Mustangduos' thread made me think of a question I hope people can answer. I live in Queens, NYC, and we all know the streets of NYC are not the best lol. I really want to get the Cervinis bodykit down the road but do not know if it is a wise decision. So what do you guys think, should I go for it or would it be a waste of money?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:53 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I hate to say this but for NYC I would not buy the kit......you cannot turn into a parking garage without scraping for sure unless you can get an extreme angle to start the turn. I would recommend this to anyone that loves the look and the side exhaust but in this case I feel you would be wasting your money as the front bumper cover or the exhaust would scrape or rip off if you went to fast over a speed bump not realizing it was there and the same hold true for potholes. Again plaza's, some gas stations, railroad tracks, any parking garage would ruin at least the underside of the front bumper cover or scrape and misalign the exhaust making many headaches for you.......should you decide to do it anyway you might be able prevent some or most of the above issues with no drop and taller tires ( like 28+ tall front and back).

Let us know what you decide.... I can get you specs and you can see pics of mine in the links in my sig......

Cevini's has a forum and they have some great mods that work for Cervinis that reply to posts on their forum. I have the same username there as well.

Last edited by mygt500; 07-23-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

if the car is not lowered I think you'd be ok, depending on where around town you drive the car, stay off the BQE and you'd be better off!!

you may want to check out LIStangs.com we have a lot of NYC members with front chin spoilers. they could better tell you
Old 07-23-2009, 09:33 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Ive been thinking about lowering mine and where i live there some aggressive speed bumps and parking lot entrances. What i did was see how much the car would drop depending what droped it get. I want about a 1.5F/2R drop. So i cut up a peice of plastic and mounted so it would stick down about 1.5" off of my lip and a 2" peice that was from the lowest point under may car which was my cats and drove around a few days like that so see if those peices would scrape, i could have some problems. I used plastic becuase i could hear/feel it if it did scrape. They did once or twice but i was able to figure out ways to get around them. This was a very cheap and easy way of finding out if it will work or not. You way want to try so you dont waste alot of money and having scuffed body parts
Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

thanks eslhockey92g. I think I'll give that a try.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

So I got these pics from a memeber on NYstangs.com and holy crap do they sit low!

I'm guessing with the stock suspension height and some tall tires like Mygt500 said it can be doable
Old 07-24-2009, 05:56 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
So I got these pics from a memeber on NYstangs.com and holy crap do they sit low!

I'm guessing with the stock suspension height and some tall tires like Mygt500 said it can be doable
WOW i herd people having problems with the side exhaust, i didnt know it was that close. It makes sense now
Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

I know! What I was thinking is having them custom welded of some sort?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:13 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape

Ok mine is not that low but it is just as clean! The guy must be dropped and he is spot on with what pics you posted cause that is the lowest part of the exhaust where the exhaust pipe dips under the frame rail and connects to the exhaust tips. His clamps are turned up which is smart too because they are long and when turned down they become the lowest part of the exhaust causing major misalignment if hit too hard.

Again check out mine and decide if the stock suspension is the way to go for you in NYC. It will definitely help and my tires are again shorter then 27 inches so get at least a 35 series in front and 35 or 40 series in the back. Nitto makes them and Toyo makes taller tires for 20 inch rims. I am looking to get the Nitto INVO's someday and that will make the car higher but will give even more the illusion that the car is dropped since the wheel wells will be filled in more (esp in back-front I am OK with)
Old 07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Thanks mygt500 for the help. so 20''s is the way to go? I was considering these 19'' rims
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

Quick Reply: Cervinis bodykit in NYC?