Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with SCT X3

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Default Problem with SCT X3

I keep getting a message when I plug in my X3 that says "filesystem initializing". Happens when I plug it into the car and into the PC. SCT is closed for the weekend and I really wanted to change my tune for this cruise we're having tomorrow.

Anyone run into this problem? Can't find jack squat on this doing a search.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Has it worked before, or is this the first time you've used it? It sounds like something is wrong with the unit. Can you plug it into someone's else Mustang to see if it boots up?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

I've been using this unit for over a year now. Worked fine at the track last month. Now, "filesystem initializing". Nothing to do with the car, because it gives the same message when I connect it via USB to my computer
Old 07-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like something has gone wrong with the unit then. I imagine you'll have to get a hold of SCT.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Misbehavin
Sounds like something has gone wrong with the unit then. I imagine you'll have to get a hold of SCT.
Wow, talk about stating the obvious! I know something is wrong with the unit. That's why I was posting this, to see if maybe someone else had the same problem and could tell me how it was resolved. SCT is closed for the weekend and I was hoping to load one of my other tunes onto the car
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

That's why I was posting this, to see if maybe someone else had the same problem and could tell me how it was resolved.
The file system is stored on an internal chip. Provided that it wasn't a wild voltage issue with the OBD connection, which the PC or trying it on another vehicle would have ruled out, there's nothing you really can do. The unit will need to be serviced and the chip reflashed, or the unit repaired if there's a hardware fault.

Yes it's stating the obvious, but the fact remains there's really nothing you can do yourself to cure that error.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:13 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
Wow, talk about stating the obvious! I know something is wrong with the unit. That's why I was posting this, to see if maybe someone else had the same problem and could tell me how it was resolved. SCT is closed for the weekend and I was hoping to load one of my other tunes onto the car
Ouch.
To help this yahoo or to not help this yahoo....
That is the question.
I have the answer you desire but am contemplating if you are worthy of this...
Its simple procedure that will get you past the "filesystem initializing" screen.
Deem yourself worthy and the answer is yours.
Do not and the cruise will bite *** because you dont have the tune installed....

Mr Jack Squat
Old 07-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Ouch.
That is the question.
Its simple procedure that will get you past the "filesystem initializing" screen.
Do not and the cruise will bite *** because you dont have the tune installed....

Mr Jack Squat
I wouldn't have thought anything would get past that error, as it sounded like a corruption of the filesystem on the chip itself. I guess that's good to know that there may be hope. If you know of something for this issue, I wouldn't mind hearing about it for future reference. If the OP decides to stay on his high horse, shoot me a PM please. I've never seen anything regarding the issue he describes, and I had a friend who sent his back for a similar issue.

At least I'm not the only one who thinks he came off as a jerk. I shrugged it off though, after looking at his post history. He seems to be like that to most people he talks to in threads. Guess he's special...
Old 07-25-2009, 05:50 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Ouch.
That is the question.

Mr Jack Squat
That blows for the OP............ lmfao
Old 07-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Misbehavin, don't take it the wrong way. I was trying to be a little saracastic/humorous and it came out wrong. And to say that's how I talk all the time is BS, especially coming from someone with 100 posts. If that's how you want it to be, then fine.

157db, if you don't think I'm "worthy" of your help, then don't give it me. Funny though to get on YOUR high horse by calling me a yahoo. As a matter of fact, I don't want your help, so you can just keep your answer to yourself. I'll call SCT tomorrow and get it figured out anyway and if I can't, I'll just buy a new tuner.

Quick Reply: Problem with SCT X3