Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Mods for my 2010 Grabber Blue GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:08 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Default First Mods for my 2010 Grabber Blue GT

Well.. I have been sitting here anticipating my trip back to the US and wondering what my 1st mods are going to be.... Here are my thoughts:

For sure:
1.) I have already contacted the dealer about installing the Roush 427R axleback exhaust system. It sounds awesome in my opinion!!

Deciding:
2a.) I have decided to hold off on the stripes until I decide in what front and rear to install. I really like the Roush body kit and priced it out this morning..about $2k with the billitt grille with fog deletes. The only thing I am not sure about is the fact that I have the rear camera, I can't put the Roush spoiler on so I am not sure how the over-all look will come out....Opinions?? I am going to get Pascal involved in this so being the miracle worker he is maybe he can work something out to get the rear camera mounted in the Roush spoiler.

2b.) The other option was to go with the full GT500 kit. I have the same issue with the GT500 rear spoiler though..no camera option.

2c.) Or just leave the body as is for now and take care of some custom work having the grille painted where the black is btween the fogs and headlights. Also some ideas for painting the rear fascia (Pascal again).

3.) After getting option 2 chosen and completed...then decide on either the SuperSnake stripe of dual GT500 style stripes.

I have about $5k saved up for this work right now. Your thought and opinions are appreciated.

Dave

Last edited by wilkinda; 07-25-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Bravo

RoushCharger

But if you can't afford a SC right now (Or don't ever want one), some sort of white or black paint on that car would make it look slick
Old 07-25-2009, 08:14 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Bravo
RoushCharger

But if you can't afford a SC right now (Or don't ever want one), some sort of white or black paint on that car would make it look slick
I can afford the SC now..but wanted to get the visual mods done now and the SC l8tr. My plan is to do white stripes as well. Most are doing the black, so I want to change up from that
Old 07-25-2009, 08:16 AM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bravo
RoushCharger

I agree, looking good is not as fun as going fast. I'd go with the Whipple though. Also, you'll be ready for those 5.0L 11s that have high compression that can't be supercharged...lol..

Last edited by GerRod; 07-25-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:26 AM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I can afford the SC now..but wanted to get the visual mods done now and the SC l8tr. My plan is to do white stripes as well. Most are doing the black, so I want to change up from that
Everyone that i have talked to (and including myself) have always kicked themselves for doing non-performance mods first. I highly recommend doing the SC first, and then going with the other stuff later.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

I hate to agree with everyone else, but if I could go back in time I would have just saved my money for a sc or turbo instead of all the other things I did. I can't really give you any advice on the front ends, as I haven't seen any 2010's yet other than bone stock ones
Old 07-25-2009, 08:44 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
I hate to agree with everyone else, but if I could go back in time I would have just saved my money for a sc or turbo instead of all the other things I did. I can't really give you any advice on the front ends, as I haven't seen any 2010's yet other than bone stock ones
Chris you were at Brandon Ford and did not see the kona Blue Roush 427R there? Maybe they sold it...the front end is awesome..much more refined looking than the boy-racer style from the last body. Fits my personality more I think. I was gonna talk to Lyle anyways on Monday about the SC so I would have an idea of how much for the SC plus install. But honestly guys..I am not ever gonna track this car..... let me take that back..i just might once the mod bug kicks in
Old 07-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

My first "mod" to the 2010 was window tint, a must in Florida. My second mod was a Roush Stage 2 suspension. Lower, but rides just like stock. I couldn't stand the wheel well gap. Best money I have spent on any of my mustangs.

If you're thinking more along the lines of appearance mods, I am growing partial to the Ford pedestal spoiler, but that won't work for the camera. The rear blackout would look good on your car.

Blair
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Blair
My first "mod" to the 2010 was window tint, a must in Florida. My second mod was a Roush Stage 2 suspension. Lower, but rides just like stock. I couldn't stand the wheel well gap. Best money I have spent on any of my mustangs.

If you're thinking more along the lines of appearance mods, I am growing partial to the Ford pedestal spoiler, but that won't work for the camera. The rear blackout would look good on your car.

Blair
My first mod is already set...the exhaust. Yeah, I was gonna go appearance first... I am not a fan of the pedestal spoiler though so.

You car looks good with the new wheels and tint. Since my car is almost always garaged unless I am driving it..I was gonna wait on tint till I find a good tint shop. My tint man is in Ft. Walton Bch and I am not planning a trip there until fall. He has done all my cars except for 1 since I have lived in Fl and guess what..that was the only car to have the tint fade / peel.

If anyone knows a GREAT tint shop in the Tampa - Cental Fl area let me know
Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

I'd pick options 1&2c When are you officially supposed to be back in the US man?

Quick Reply: First Mods for my 2010 Grabber Blue GT