Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of New Black GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Wow, I visited your weib site with all the photos. Awesome. Just one question, who is the pretty girl in the picture? 8-)

Joe

Originally Posted by 4literv6
Nice gt you picked the right color to Glad to finally see more and more 2010's getting on here it has been a lonely couple of months lol
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

^^^that would be my wife thanks for the props keep me updated on your mods
Old 08-05-2009, 03:37 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
Hi. If you read some other posts from me from last week you'll see that my dealer told me that there would be an extended delay if I ordered one because of the hood scoop/spoiler option. I hope yours comes quickly but you may want to check so you'll know how long you will be waiting.

Joe
I am already facing a long wait just because the car has to be delivered to Germany. I ordered yesterday through AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) and my salesman gave me an estimated delivery date of 2 November. No worries, hey my birthday is 4 Nov so this will be a great BD present What concerns me is the saleman told me that the HID lights are probably not going to be available, which to me is BS, but I can't get a valid explanation. I ordered them anyway; hopefully I will get them.

The big selling point for us military guys overseas is we don't pay sales tax, however, based on what you payed, I am a little confused, and a little irritated. I asked about using the Xplan, since I own Ford Stock, and he stated that it was not available to us mil guys overseas. Also, ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales) jacks their profit margin leveraging off the fact that we don't have to pay taxes on the car, at least until we eventually come home and register it in our state. Depends on the state though. The base price for Military overseas is $30,150

My Mustang has:
Manual Tranny
401a Premium trim $364
Security package $364
comfort package $548
GT Acc package 4 $640.50
HID $483.50
3.73 axle $456
7 year/75K mile warranty $1185
Zeibart undercoat, underbody sound deadener, interior fabric protection $469

Delivery and other expensive charges, for which I don't completely understand
US Domestic Freight charge $850
Overseas OPP coverage $175
Overseas Transportation charge (embark/debark) $1083
Delivery Point Processing Service $525
Inland Germany Destination $407

Rebate and other discount
$2825

Bottom line: $34,875

I think it works out about the same if I was purchasing the car stateside and having to pay taxes, depending on the state of course. I am going to pursue getting the Xplan rebate though. I just gotta figure out who to talk to
Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Olythekid
1st Gear Member

Trey!!!?!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Well, if you can wait that long, great. Because you work in the service you should get some kind of "GI" discount and not have to pay all those extra fees.

I bought my car in PA and live in NY but the dealer collected NYS state sales tax when I bought the car which was $2600 and then they are going to send me the sales tax money back to me so I can use it to pay NYS when I register it in NYS. Confusing I know.

The dealer in PA said they would not have accepted XPlan price if they not had 2 of these identical Mustangs on the lot. All I needed was an Xplan PIN # to pick up the car, didn't need proof of my emplyoment with an Xplan partner or anything. Who knows why...

Joe

Originally Posted by USAF in Germany
I am already facing a long wait just because the car has to be delivered to Germany. I ordered yesterday through AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) and my salesman gave me an estimated delivery date of 2 November. No worries, hey my birthday is 4 Nov so this will be a great BD present What concerns me is the saleman told me that the HID lights are probably not going to be available, which to me is BS, but I can't get a valid explanation. I ordered them anyway; hopefully I will get them.

The big selling point for us military guys overseas is we don't pay sales tax, however, based on what you payed, I am a little confused, and a little irritated. I asked about using the Xplan, since I own Ford Stock, and he stated that it was not available to us mil guys overseas. Also, ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales) jacks their profit margin leveraging off the fact that we don't have to pay taxes on the car, at least until we eventually come home and register it in our state. Depends on the state though. The base price for Military overseas is $30,150

My Mustang has:
Manual Tranny
401a Premium trim $364
Security package $364
comfort package $548
GT Acc package 4 $640.50
HID $483.50
3.73 axle $456
7 year/75K mile warranty $1185
Zeibart undercoat, underbody sound deadener, interior fabric protection $469

Delivery and other expensive charges, for which I don't completely understand
US Domestic Freight charge $850
Overseas OPP coverage $175
Overseas Transportation charge (embark/debark) $1083
Delivery Point Processing Service $525
Inland Germany Destination $407

Rebate and other discount
$2825

Bottom line: $34,875

I think it works out about the same if I was purchasing the car stateside and having to pay taxes, depending on the state of course. I am going to pursue getting the Xplan rebate though. I just gotta figure out who to talk to
Old 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

That's a great looking car I love the 2010
Old 08-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

AAFES is the biggest racket ever. They dont really ever have any good deals. And the way they charge you those little fees is why i never bought a car via that program. But your getting your US spec car sent to Germany, you will love it and appreciate not having to deal with importing a car yourself.