Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fresh out of patience

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fresh out of patience

Mine was in the Spokane auto show. I had to wait a week while every swinging dick in Spokane sat in it. And their wives and kids too! Tore me up to see all those wastes of skin in my car. And at the time, I hadnt even test drove it yet OR sat in the freakin drivers seat! Long story, but gettin the car was a freak of luck. I test drove a 5spd v6 tho. Just thinking of what all those clowns were doin to my car while it was in the show bugged the feces out of me. Be patient. A few months from now, it will all be a rapidly fading memory.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Maybe we could go look for it in my automatic trans. Stang. I could not imagine having to wait that long the wait will be worth it.
Hey, if you wanna go looking for it.... I'm IN. Not only will I pay for the gas - I'll compliment
your auto redfire the entire trip!! I'll even wear a bib so's I won't get drool all over it.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:19 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

That really sucks - I hope you get your ride as soon as possible!!!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:16 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Here is a new Dire Straits song:

I want my, I want my, I want my gray GT.

Yep. waiting really sucks and I thought mine would have been here by now. But no, as far as I know, it is still on the lot at the plant. What are they waiting for? It was produced on 6/29.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:18 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

this is why i didnt get the v8 because i knew it would take forever and a day....my friend orders his in december '04 and didnt get it till end of april '05...way to long to build a car for me...i am totally happy with my V6 i wouldnt trade it for anything
Old 07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Just went to go see my dealer and he said the car will be at the KC mixing center on the 9th and will be here sometime next week. The bad thing is I am going to be out of town next week until Thursday night. Then I can go pick up the car on Friday sometime. That really screwed up my plans. I have to think of an alternative plan now, whatever that might be.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:46 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ChristopherCamel

this is why i didnt get the v8 because i knew it would take forever and a day....my friend orders his in december '04 and didnt get it till end of april '05...way to long to build a car for me...i am totally happy with my V6 i wouldnt trade it for anything
I'm glad it all worked out for you.

In my case, I absolutely had to have my Sonic Blue V8, and it had to have all the right options. So, even though a 3-1/2 month wait was hard, it was worth it. Plus, it was a helluva lot easier that it would have been to live with a car for a few years that didn't exceed my every expectation. I have never been able to deal with the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" feelings to well.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:19 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

My car is at the KC mixing center and has been there since 7/6. I guess I'll ask the dealer to make a 3 hour road trip to get the car. The is so close I can smell the new car smell already but it is so far that I can't touch it. I go on vacation next week and leaving on Monday and coming back on Thursday. I know the car will be at the dealer when I get back.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

I've been told that the manager says 7/13 give or take. I'm betting he's just covering his butt
and it will show up between tomorrow and Tuesday.
This last week has been the hardest part. My best friend says I should just forget about it, quit trying to
track it and stay busy then I'll get the call out of the blue. I told him "that's easier said than done" - it's
ALL I think about now. I just realized I haven't had sex in 3 or 4 days.. now that's sick![sm=sigh.gif]
Old 07-08-2005, 10:33 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wldstng05

I just realized I haven't had sex in 3 or 4 days.. now that's sick![sm=sigh.gif]

Don't mention that word I am currently sitting on a bag of ice because my wife decided she did not want to have any more kids.[:@]

Quick Reply: Fresh out of patience