Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

info about saleen supercharger please

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default info about saleen supercharger please

hi,

I now no which supercharger i am going to take for mustang 2005 gt automatic, i am going for the saleen stage 2 ,but because i living The Netherlands europe i do not no what is the best to buy ....some saleen kits are with an tuner so you can do it your self or you have to sent your pcm back ...what is better ??
what is the best ???? i was thinking to buy at Brenspeed or JDM is that an good choice ???

greetzzz
from The Netherlands
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

I think most guys are happier with the tunes made by breenspeed etc, its just hearsay but I have heard guys say the saleen factory tune was weak.

I also would not overlook kenne bell, its a larger blower for the same money, and will top out at least 100 hp more if you ever decide to build the motor, I think its a better value
Old 08-10-2009, 07:04 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ralphmustang
hi,

I now no which supercharger i am going to take for mustang 2005 gt automatic, i am going for the saleen stage 2 ,but because i living The Netherlands europe i do not no what is the best to buy ....some saleen kits are with an tuner so you can do it your self or you have to sent your pcm back ...what is better ??
what is the best ???? i was thinking to buy at Brenspeed or JDM is that an good choice ???

greetzzz
from The Netherlands
I would not get the one you send the pcm in. The email tune is just as good however you do need the tuner. Are you installing yourself? I understand that when the stock is gone on saleens VI series there is new series coming and that will not be available to ship for a while...
I deal with Brenspeed and they are good people. I would certainly do business with them.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

thanks ,,,,yes it is very hard to get good people in The Netherlands who can install the supercharger but i know some guys who are working in a garage and will help me .
Do you mean that maybe the new series supercharger kits are maybe better ???Yhe most important for me is that i will not kill my enigne because living in The Netherlands there is no good way to repair things so i want to be safe......
Old 08-10-2009, 07:25 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

thanks ,,,,yes it is very hard to get good people in The Netherlands who can install the supercharger but i know some guys who are working in a garage and will help me .
Do you mean that maybe the new series supercharger kits are maybe better ???Yhe most important for me is that i will not kill my enigne because living in The Netherlands there is no good way to repair things so i want to be safe......
Working with a stage 2 or 3 you will be safe. Saleen will warn if you need forged internals (stage 4). Just do not go crazy adding cams etc without a dyno and good advice.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
ralphmustang
2nd Gear Member

i go for stage 3 ......i had heard that when you have an automatic you have to becarefull....i just want to beat all those european cars here ,,,,BMW etc...at the traficlight....
Old 08-10-2009, 08:36 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

i go for stage 3 ......i had heard that when you have an automatic you have to becarefull....i just want to beat all those european cars here ,,,,BMW etc...at the traficlight....
Call the Brenspeed guys. Hit option 2 on the phone and speak to them. They will let you know what setup is best for you.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I'm running Brenspeed's Saleen stage 2. I did the install myself about a year and a half ago and I don't have any problems with it. I'd recommend it for you.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I have not dealt with Brenspeed but know a couple of guys who have and there customer service is top notch.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed is top notch.

Quick Reply: info about saleen supercharger please