Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full exhaust install

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 AM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

Default Full exhaust install

I just got done from talking to a local shop, and he said he got a quote from SLP for a full exhaust for 1645, and he estimates MAC to be 1375. They're both good exhaust I like SLP because they're amazingly loud and MAC because of price. But I'd choose SLP over because of sound, and he mentioned it's more gain.

He's charging 500$ for install and lifetime warranty (on install only), but I do got a friend that will do it for free (I'll hook him up of course) but is that price too much or sounds good?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

Uh..when you say complete, is that headers and everything? Sounds super expensive to me.

And another thing, you're not going to see huge gains from an exhaust.

Last edited by jtstakelin; 08-13-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

Yes I do mean from headers all the way to the tip, I know I'm not to expect a lot of performance... I believe SLP advertise a 20-25 hp gain (not sure if rwhp).

But thanks for the info I'll definitely either look around or have my buddy do it for me.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkJFMan
I just got done from talking to a local shop, and he said he got a quote from SLP for a full exhaust for 1645, and he estimates MAC to be 1375. They're both good exhaust I like SLP because they're amazingly loud and MAC because of price. But I'd choose SLP over because of sound, and he mentioned it's more gain.

He's charging 500$ for install and lifetime warranty (on install only), but I do got a friend that will do it for free (I'll hook him up of course) but is that price too much or sounds good?
for that price id buy some kooks headers and a mid pipe then your axle back of choice. From what i read kooks are top of the line whn it comes to fitment.

also, you might want to find a new local shop with a bit less markup
http://www.brenspeed.com/maclongpack.html
Old 08-13-2009, 02:29 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

I would do it all myself unless there is welding involved. Most shops will do all of the labor for a lot less.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:32 PM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

After calling around and finding out that MAC will be backorder for no less than a month, now I'm stuck again... I need some help again from you guys.

Here are my options:
1) wait for MAC to be available again, reason is I really would like a prochamber after reading more reviews about it. Bad thing is I just called another shop that would do install for 250$ and said that MAC are cheap quality.

2) Buy the new pypes headers that almost noone know anything about except brenspeed that when I asked them availability of MAC, they mentioned pypes right away.

Help me out, wait for prochambers or order pypes now. Thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkJFMan
... I believe SLP advertise a 20-25 hp gain (not sure if rwhp)....
MAYBE at the crank and under IDEAL conditions. More like 8-15 RWHP if you're lucky and that's only from the headers. Expect nothing more from ANY of the catbacks or axlebacks.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:26 PM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

Do you really think MAC are cheap quality or that guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and should I wait for them or go with pypes.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:28 PM
svtsupremecy
1st Gear Member

whatever you do, dont get pypes ESPECIALLY if you or a friend install it. worst quality. ever. I know from experience, enough said.

My brother had a Mac catback on his lightning and Mac longtubes on his 00 Trans am and both were great. Keith Craft (VERY respectable shop) near me recommended it on both his cars and both turned out awesome. My brother now has an 04 Mach1 with Mac prochamber and axlebacks and it sounds AMAZING.

not saying they are the best but I would go with Mac over SLP in my opinion.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:46 PM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by svtsupremecy
whatever you do, dont get pypes ESPECIALLY if you or a friend install it. worst quality. ever. I know from experience, enough said.

My brother had a Mac catback on his lightning and Mac longtubes on his 00 Trans am and both were great. Keith Craft (VERY respectable shop) near me recommended it on both his cars and both turned out awesome. My brother now has an 04 Mach1 with Mac prochamber and axlebacks and it sounds AMAZING.

not saying they are the best but I would go with Mac over SLP in my opinion.
Can you please be more specific, not that I don't believe you, but the more I research the more I find people saying they like pypes.

Quick Reply: Full exhaust install