Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning cruise

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Planning cruise

Some of the older generations (Body Style) don't like us because many people did buy because of the hype, and don't care much that it is a mustang, but that it is the "in" car. I even hate those people. It comes down to the thumbs up/wave rule. I've personally experienced people who have the Fox body, and nothing more than a one finger salute from them, but there are others that I have pulled up to, thumbs up, then the next light pull over and chat.

Just like every where else in the world, somepeople will think what they have is better than anyone else.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:40 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

I've experience the same thing....I personally hate that I wave to people in the new 05 and get looked at like I am wierd....it even happened when I first got the car back in December, I figured most people with the car back then were going to be enthusiasts, oh well, some people are just jerks and some are just jealous and yes like me some dislike the posers who got the car because its the cool new trendy car, but if you talk to the guys that are true enthusiasts they will see that you are as well and treat you with respect, the people on the road that give you the finger are not enthusiasts and not the guys that go to the shows, I know I have been going to shows for a long time, all types of shows, stang shows, exotics, imports, SEMA, and the generalization is that most people that are there and attend regularly and are true enthusiasts dont care what you drive as long as you love cars and take pride in your ride.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:41 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

back on topic

The crystal cove show kicks off at 7am (some guys get there earlier) and goes until 9 most people start leaving at 8:30

ok so this is the plan for July 16, its a Saturday and since the cyrstal cove show is so early in the morning, we will meet in the parking lot of the Starbucks/Barnes and Noble in Encinitas around 6:15am (I will be there sometime between 6 and 6:15) and then start heading up at 6:30am, so make sure your there on time, I know of one person that is joining in on the freeway in San Clemente, so he will just meet up as we pass. We should be able to make it to Crystal Cove aournd 7 am. Hang for the show until about 9 am when it ends and then go to breakfast somewhere in the area (Does anyone have recomendations on somewhere to eat up there?) For those coming from the north and heading south to the show let me know, there is another group forming that will be coming down from there, and I can be the middle man on that info. Now as for the route to take, who would be up for getting off the freeway in San Clemente and cruising up the coast, at that hour it shouldnt take much longer than the freeway and is a nicer drive or would you prefer taking the freeway as far as possible?

For those that dont know where the starbucks/barnes and noble is in Encinitas.

Off the 5 exit Leucadia Blvd. and head east (right from the south and a left if coming from the north) you will go about 1.5 miles (past residential and through a golf course as you go over a hill) as you come down the backside of that hill you will see shopping centers on either side, as you pass the Sports Authority on the right hand side move into the right turn lane and make a right into the center at the first light, you will see a shell on the right corner and an AMPM on the opposite corner. (If you make it to El Camino Real you've gone too far, either make a uturn and go back up to the light and turn left or you can make a right and then another right into the center) Once you enter the center head straight to the stop sign and through it and park your there. You will see me and whoever else may be there by that time.

If you would like my number to communicate incase you get lost let me know and I will PM you with it.

The July 31 cruise is still up in the air and if enough people want to do that we will organize it, but right now I only have three for that.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rrobello

sorry I just realized who I was responded to, you have it SCd already, nice you are modding, but I was making a generalization as to why this type of treatment is going on. I dont know why it is that you got this treatment.
Its ok I understand. Remember all car car enthusiast had to start somewhere. .. As for me I was at a dodge dealer and after 2+ hours they wanted me to pay 16% intrest!!.. I was looking at the new 05s before and was stuck between them.. but I was not going to pay 4-5K over msrp for a car, but though I would try to order one instead with one of the e-mail contacts... so I told them I was going to get some lunch and I drove to another ford dealer and ordered one for 25K ..
Old 07-08-2005, 09:27 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be easier for people to meet north of Oceanside because many of us would be driving across the 78 from inland? What would the point be of driving south just to head back up north, and it would save time. Some of us really enjoy our sleep.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:13 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Ok I appologize but I am killing the July 31 cruise we can change the date to sometime in August if everyone would like. Problem is that there are two big shows on that day, and I am going to one of them, besides I am not getting to much feedback on it yet anyways. Again I am sorry, this is an error on my part.

here are the two shows

SD: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26838

Torrance: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=26835

if anyone is planning on attending the one in SD then maybe we can all get together and cruise down as a group.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:14 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ok so where is everyone coming from, I was trying to make it convenient but if a lot of you will be coming across the 78 then speak up we have time to change the meeting place.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:03 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

bump
Old 07-11-2005, 08:14 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ok can I get a sound off of who will be attending so I can put this together with the others from other forums....thanks.

and who would like to meet up off the 78 instead of Encinitas?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

With all the changes, which date/cruise are you looking for us to respond to??? First, you said the 7/31 one was dead, but then you posted links for two of them on that date. I'm confused.

If it's for 7/16, count me out. I'll be "cruising" at Barona Dragway that day (9am - 4pm).

Quick Reply: Planning cruise