Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?

I always throw a small note book in my car when I first pick one up new. This way I just write the things I want fixed while I drive it for a while.

This way - - I get everything fixed in one trip rather then makeing a bunch of trips and always forgetting something.

Here is what is in my book at 800 miles.

=============

Passenger Rear Window
- - Off track and miss-aligned when UP.

Drivers Window:
- - Seal gets scrunched in forward top section – no fitting like passenger side.

Passenger side Roof Latch:
- - Miss-Alignment and very hard latching.

Air Conditioner:
- - AC won’t cool car when temp above 95 degrees. Works OK when cooler – my BMW Convertible would cool the car at any temp to the point you had to adjust the AC Controls warmer.

Fog Lights:
- - Fog lights have something in/on them that leaves then “foggy/smokey” looking. Not this way on other mustangs so something is wrong.

Convertible Top:
- - Squeaks like a Hamster Wheel when on slightly bumpy roads.
======================

Not too bad. Nothing that affects driveability or is critical.

I have picked up worse cars...My 94 Corvette had like 25 things in the book by 1000 miles - many of which were never fixed during the 2 years I kept it, and multiple trips to the dealershiip. (Why I got rid of it!)

So.... What things did your cars have you wanted fixed?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?

Good idea! "black book"
Old 07-07-2005, 01:07 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?

So far, I have complaints and no fixes. I must be one of the lucky ones. I have over 3400 miles on mine already and will be putting another 1500 to 2000 miles in the next week when I go on vacation.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Same as 05BlueGT... over 4000 miles and I don't have any glitches that need to be fixed. I'm still monitoring the Shaker 500 though, TBD.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

I notice slight rattling noise coming from right passenger door. Difficult to find out what it is when driving.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

What about the smell of burned rubber in your trunk Don?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:13 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: NCMustangMan

What about the smell of burned rubber in your trunk Don?
I wish someone would bottle that scent.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:15 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

So far, I have complaints and no fixes. I must be one of the lucky ones. I have over 3400 miles on mine already and will be putting another 1500 to 2000 miles in the next week when I go on vacation.
You have "complaints and no fixes"?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

New from Ralph Lauren, the maker of Polo, comes Smokey cologne. Available now at fine auto parts stores and your local Ford dealer.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NCMustangMan

New from Ralph Lauren, the maker of Polo, comes Smokey cologne. Available now at fine auto parts stores and your local Ford dealer.
Ford will want too much for it, I'll wait for one of the generic knock-offs you can get at Wally World.

Quick Reply: Quality / Fit / Finish - What are you taking your car back to the dealer for?