Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Add rear window louvers?
yes
88.24%
no
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Pics needed: Rear window louvers

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:15 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang
Not trying to start an argument here, but I don't understand how you can say it's a worse ride?
I think he's referring to how well the vehicle rides aka bumpier with lowering springs. But, I look at your sig, and drool over your car. I see his car, and it looks like a 4X4. Still a nice car, but yours is an attention getter.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kingsofcrunk
I think he's referring to how well the vehicle rides aka bumpier with lowering springs. But, I look at your sig, and drool over your car. I see his car, and it looks like a 4X4. Still a nice car, but yours is an attention getter.
Thanks! I lowered it because of the 4x4 look and also for the great handling!

BUT, to keep this on topic. I am NOT a fan of the rear window louvers. That's just me though........everyone has their own likes/dislikes. I love the clean look of your stang, and adding the louvers would make it "busier". Again, JMO. Good luck!

Last edited by Croft; 08-18-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Besides the fact that I like the looks of my louvers (see post #6), the rear window louvers cut down on a lot of heat load inside the car. The A/C works about 1/2 as much on very hot days with the sun beating in the rear. Since my dog (black) tends to accompany me on long trips in the Stang, I know that SHE appreciates them.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:09 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kingsofcrunk
Well first of all I'm a "she" not a "he." Second of all I don't see how you can say my Mustang looks like a 4x4. Now my jeep looked like a 4x4 and my Mustang sits waaaay lower than any of my other 4 vehicles. I definitely can't drive my Mustang on the beach!
The lowered look is OK, but not what I want because I do not want to scrape the front end on speed bumps as well as my drive way.

Here's a 4x4;

Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
See I disagree. I think it is more important to save the interior first than to lower the car for looks and for a worse ride.
Save the interior? What? So little light passes through those side windows. A quality window tint will block more BTU's and area (without killing visibility) than vented plastic/metal. If you're into the louvers thing, then that's great. They look pretty neat.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
Save the interior? What? So little light passes through those side windows....
The heat load is from the rear window, NOT the side quarter windows. Now that I reread the OP's thread, I'm not sure if he's talking about rear window louvers or quarter window louvers. I assumed he meant rear window louvers since that was what he said. But my previous post with the pic shows both.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Well first of all I'm a "she" not a "he." Second of all I don't see how you can say my Mustang looks like a 4x4. Now my jeep looked like a 4x4 and my Mustang sits waaaay lower than any of my other 4 vehicles. I definitely can't drive my Mustang on the beach!
The lowered look is OK, but not what I want because I do not want to scrape the front end on speed bumps as well as my drive way.
I was talking about OP's ride, not yours. And yes, I know what a 4X4 looks like. I was a tad on the sarcastic side, but nontheless my point got across.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Zach_MustangOfLove

Default ABS

I went with ABS and I love them. I shopped around on Ebay and they came painted/color matched. The deal I found came with free shipping and it was all for under 200 dollars. They were easy to install. If would have had more money to throw around I might have went with the aluminum though.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
drs102362
2nd Gear Member

Go with the aluminum, the ABS ones will start to sag over time.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:02 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

hhmmm.. I need me a set of the hinged aluminum louvers.. they look alot more aggressive then the plastic ones no doubt..

too bad shipping is $300 up here lol..

Quick Reply: Pics needed: Rear window louvers