Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IUP v. ISAP

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:56 PM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

Default RE: IUP v. ISAP

There are several different clusters, some with MPH and some with KPH, some with Message Center some without. However, for all intents and purposes, your car has two different choices. The one with the message center, and the one without.

To tell which one you have now, simply count the guages. If you have what I have (I just ordered a new one w/message center), you will have four guages. MPH, RPM on the outsides, and Fuel and Temp in the middle. Also in the middle will be the odometer/tripmeter. Also above and to the left of the stereo will be three blank buttons (opposite of the hazard button, etc.)

If this is what you have, you have the standard guages without the messaging center.

The one with the messaging center has all that I listed, plus two other guages. I believe they are voltage and oil pressure.

Those two guages will be in the bottom of the middle below Fuel and Temp.

The odometer will be integrated into the messaging center which is over on the right, with the speedometer. This is controlled through buttons that much also be purchased separately. They will go where those blanks are.

The message center has, for example, odometer, tripmeter, trip timer, average MPG, instant MPG graph, MyColor configuration, system diagnostics, miles to empty.

I'm still waiting on mine, so if anyone with this cluster has any corrections, please post.

I hope that helps and clears up some of your questions. I'm sure if you stop by the dealership they'll show you one.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Black05GT

What do you get with the message center?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

See previous post.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Black05GT

Thanks for the info -- you posted your answer as I was posting my question. I ordered mine w/ ISAP. Dealer did not have one on the lot, but advised that I would get the message center. I am confident that the info on this board is FAR better than what I got at the dealership.

I know that the ISAP does not have the "my color" feature, but I am still unclear as to exactly what my car will have. Mine is a convertible and I was wordered that the chrome finish that comes w/ the IUP would create a glare when riding w/ the top down in the Florida sunshine.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:07 PM
jfrayzier
1st Gear Member

If you got the ISAP, and unless the dealer did some kind of crazy stunt to get you just the upgraded guage cluster (I doubt they did) then you wouldn't have the message center.

I think the ISAP and the IUP are totally independent of each other. You have one or the other... or neither I guess, but I haven't seen one first hand that has neither.

Anyways, I didn't have a choice for the IUP, either. I only got about two months ago and I didn't have any options other than what was on the lot... that's why I'm ordering the clusters.

So what will you have as far as the guages/message center goes? Like I said, unless they did something to work it out for you to have the message center you will have:

Speed, Tac, Fuel, Temp and a simple odometer/tripmetter toggler with a reset button.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:11 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

I really haven't had any problems with glare off the polished aluminum dash pieces. The only issue you might have is glare off the chrome rims on the gauges.

And yes, the info on this board is far better than 99% of the dealerships I've experienced. It frightens me how little they have to know about the product they sell.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Black05GT

I am glad to hear you haven't had any probs w/ glare....I assumed that with the sun at your back the glare would be fierce. Of course, sunglasses (a convertible necessity) would probably take care of any problem.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:36 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I get more glare from the top of the black steering column back onto the center gauge panel than anything else.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:54 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I'll have to let you know later or someone that has the IUP and answer. I have a car coming with the IUP and my current one does not have the message center.
Wow, you get your wife to be a better GT than yours, and she got you a 66 T-bird. You are made for each other!
Old 07-08-2005, 05:59 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2Stangs

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I'll have to let you know later or someone that has the IUP and answer. I have a car coming with the IUP and my current one does not have the message center.
Wow, you get your wife to be a better GT than yours, and she got you a 66 T-bird. You are made for each other!
Did I say better, no I didn't say better. I have the leather interior and she will have cloth. She will have IUP and I have ISAP. We both will have the skipper 500. Besides that, they are both basically the same car. Besides, the GT is about 5 times the cost of the T-Bird. I wouldn't trade that T-Bird in on anything. I'll have some pics up of it after I get it restored.

Quick Reply: IUP v. ISAP