Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama Chips

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Yeah, no scam. They are just stay backed up.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

No scam... However I have been seeing this recurring theme on the forums regarding Bama Chips. They got my email tunes to me overnight when I ordered them but lately I've seen a lot of people asking about their orders and wondering why it is taking so long. Strange....4-6 weeks is way too long to wait. I don't blame people for getting worried.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:29 PM
FreshPuck
1st Gear Member

I've never dealt with Bama personally but this is a reason I doubt i'll be using his services. Doug may be a great guy, but he may not be the wisest business man if he neglects to answer customers phone calls and e-mails in a timely fashion. just my .02
Old 08-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Acerbus
1st Gear Member

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree guys.
Doug has become increasingly difficult to get a hold of. I sent him an email 2 weeks ago asking for a tune update. Still no response. I don't mind him taking long on FREE tune upgrades, but it seems he's also neglecting new paying customers. Before, he didn't take more than 2 days to reply with updates, and sometimes with multiple updated tunes for the occasion I ordered many parts at once. One tune for each part.

Maybe he's having personal problems right now?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:11 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ive dealt with and talked with Doug many times. He is a real helpful guy and knows his $hit. Be patient, u r in good hands with him.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Mike02z
1st Gear Member

I have read a lot of great things about Bama Chips but this does seem to be more of an issue recently. When I was looking for a tune it came down to Bama or Brenspeed. I decided on Brenspeed and have had them do a lot of work for me after my inital tune. Even after a large sale and install they continued to be very responsive when I had some minor issues.

I'm sure Bama will take care of you though. I hate waiting too so I know how you feel.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Check your PayPall acount. He does E-Checks. Takes forever for them to clear. I believe this is done so people can get the tune and then file a complaint with PayPal and scam their monies back.

Check your PayPall acount. Wait. It's worth it. I'm extremely happy with mine.

Don't do email. Pick up the phone and call if you have questions. I had issues installing mine (due to SCT, not Bama) and one phone call saved 20 emails.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:37 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Doug used to be great but his service is terrible lately. I would not recommend him. You can get better service elsewhare. I had problems with his tune and have not heard from him in 4 weeks even thoguh I've sent him emails and tried calling him. He's obviously in hiding because his phone doesn't even give you an option to leave a message.

I am extremely dissatified and will never buy from him again. If your credit card had been charged put in a dispute and get your money back. I wish I could but it's been too long for me.

I agree, Doug may be a great guy but obviously not a good businessman. You can't ignore your clients like this and expect to stay in business.

Last edited by odiaz; 08-25-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:23 AM
javina80
2nd Gear Member

yeap.... pickin up the phone and lettin yourself do the talkin works better than lettin your fingers do the talkin. I had no problems with Doug, keep callin and he will answer. I don't think many people think about the mass amounts of stuff goin on with his business seein it is he probably is the only dude punchin out the tunes.... He is a good dude and his work speaks for its self..... worth the wait in my opinion.... but yeah, call and if you dont get through, keep callin.....
Old 08-26-2009, 03:21 AM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

when i do get my car tuned i considered having it done by bamachips, but the lack of response drew me away. if were to have a problem with the tune i would not want to worry about whether he would respond or not.

everyone keeps saying the reason for lack of customer service is because he is busy. if he is so busy why doesn't he just hire someone to answer the phone. the lack of customer service is not good for business and will eventually push future customers away.

Quick Reply: Bama Chips