Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rims for my baby, please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
ZenaBean

Default Rims for my baby, please HELP!

Sooooo I'm looking to get some sick rims for my mustang.... its a 2005.
Here's what my baby looks like now

http://twitpic.com/fa4b4

I'm thinking black maybe??? I really know little about them but want to know what you think is the dopest out there that'll match me!!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

I think a black set of Bullitt wheels should look nice.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bl20mubuwh1.html
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

Chrome is easy to clean and looks amazing, but I like the charcoal metallic type wheels too especially w/ red.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I'd make the decision based on the future greed for power. Make every choice based on 3 principles.

1 Increase performance? Yes, wider wheels will allow more rubber, and wider break upgrades.

2. Weight loss? Yes, the item includes a weight loss, and therefore a collective cornering and acceleration increase, with less rotating mass is critical.

3. Looks ? Yes, the choices are to improve the look according to your taste attractions.

Most people on the forums will lead you to the instant gratification of pretty/ tough looking wheels. Be smart, make the investment one time forever, and get forged, great looking, very durable(superior grade materials) wheels. You can get a large selection of 18x9.5" wheels that only weigh 19lbs, and be $365 each, and will really help add to the larger concept of performance increase, weight loss, and efficiency of power to weight.

Most Mustangs are way to heavy, and could have been made much lighter and more nimble than the heavy GT500 or the aftermarket cars. Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy

Think light weight everything for mods, and you can have a fully Supercharged Mustang GT that only weighs 3440 lbs and has more HP than the current (540hp) GT500s. This is your first chance not to give in to the piggy concept of lumbering muscle. Think lean. Erik
Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 AM
trigger06
2nd Gear Member

You didnt even click the link did you? Its a V6. Chances are it was bought for looks, not performance. And while I agree with your post in general, I dont think there is much point worrying about that stuff in this case.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

IMO...on a red Mustang, black or chrome rims would look great on your car! Black rims would look good with the mustang label you have on the side of your car. =-)

Stock rims are 17", I would rocommend 18" or bigger. ;-)

There are a lot of nice looking rims out there.

Good luck with your choice!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 08-28-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Chrome definitely looks good on our Stangs, IF that's your bag. I personally don't like the all-black look but the black and chrome or charcoal and chrome has a nice look. It's all up to you and your preference. If not, we'll also help you dress in the morning.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:49 AM
ZeroInGold_

Those are some sweet rims
Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Chrome definitely looks good on our Stangs, IF that's your bag. I personally don't like the all-black look but the black and chrome or charcoal and chrome has a nice look. It's all up to you and your preference. If not, we'll also help you dress in the morning.
I agree w/ Nuke! I am also not a big fan of the ALL black rims. If you decide to get the black rims, I would recommend the black and chrome.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I love the MRR wheels.

Quick Reply: Rims for my baby, please HELP!