Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got new wheels installed but.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 PM
firestang24
2nd Gear Member

very good.
I had the local ford dealer gouge all four wheels i had them balance. they are the ford polished bullitts, and they swore they didn't do it. they said it was previous damage as well. after four months of jerking me around, the POS service manager had some ******* "buff out" the gouges, and gave me a credit. shortly thereafter he got fired.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
GTVapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ffk_pennywise
Really glad to hear you had a positive outcome. Shame on the shop, but props to the corporate office for making it right!

I was so worried about my wheels when they got mounted i stood over the techs shoulder the whole time. lol.
Thanks. I will be standing over the techs shoulder this time as well.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:36 PM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Glad everything worked out. Some people tend to forget that if it weren't for the car enthusiast crowd, many of them would be out of jobs. You treat a customer right, he tells a friend. Treat a customer bad, he tells everybody!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 PM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

so r u getting a new set of wheels? if so.... what will u be doing with the old ones? (dibs, possibly!) haha
Old 09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

glad to hear it all worked out allright.

similar story myself
I was being lazy on the family car not too long ago and let a Firestone Shop do a oil change for me.

I inspected the Air Filter in the parking lot and told them to go ahead and change that as well since it was black.

Came back a few hours later and picked it up. First thing I did was pop the hood and check the oil level. Then I noticed the air box lid. Rather than unsnapping the snaps, their idiot tech had used a screwdriver and pried it off...breaking all the mounting tabs in the process.

Took 3 weeks of arguing, and I had to involve the Corporate Offices on the Mainland and forced the District Manager to come visit, but I got it fixed finally. Just keep on those people
Old 09-17-2009, 06:17 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

glad it all worked out
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Although it is too bad you had to go through this hassle, it is refreshing to see it being handled.

When I finally made the investment to buy my CS69s, I was super nervous about having them mounted. I used a local tire shop that is a recommended installer by Tire Rack (where I bought my F1 tires) as they have a fairly new, touchless mounting machine. I had a long chat with the guy taking my info when I dropped them off and explained my concerns along with having been through a big hassle with one of the wheels being damaged by UPS. They not only did a great job mounting and balancing them, but also showed me a couple minor finish defects that I had not noticed before dropping them off. Although they were deemed "normal variations in the finish" by both the selling vendor and Shelby, it was nice to see them looking out for me... even though I bought everything elsewhere.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:18 PM
GTVapor
2nd Gear Member

I received the check for my new wheels today! I currently have the 18" anthracite shelby torq thrust m's but am considering puchasing the same wheels in black for my vapor silver stang. What do you guys think? Should I go with the anthracite or the black wheels? Anyone have pics of black torq thrust m's or dd bullitts on a vapor silver stang?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:09 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

so you got to keep the old wheels? what shop was it?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:21 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

glad the issue was resolved!

Quick Reply: Just got new wheels installed but.....